Hacking Which emulators run over 100% on PSP?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Quickie question: What settings do you run for Super Metroid? I tried all the recommended settings I see online but it still pretty much gives me a blank screen when I start the gameplay (after the opening cutscene thing). I've tried multiple ROMs and what not. I just can't seem to pinpoint the correct settings.
If you're getting a black screen then it sounds like the problem is whichever emulator you're running. I played through about half of Metroid (until I got bored) so I know it works.

My emulator says "SNES9xTYL 0.4.2mecm" under XMB, so both of you might want to compare yours to that.

QUOTE(concealed identity @ Apr 23 2011, 05:53 PM) I've tried loads of different settings, and Super Street Fighter II still runs kinda poorly...what settings are you running it at?
Just max everything. Vsync on, full screen scaling, smoothing on etc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Rydian said:
Video - User GU
Zoom - 170%
Fullscreen while keeping the original aspect ratio.
That just scales it with black bars on the sides. Not the same thing as full screen scaling and you know it.I did state it was the original aspect ratio, you know. That counts more to some people (myself included) than stretching to fill the full screen.

dib said:
And no, I have not observed any efficiency...probably because it doesn't exist. I couldn't find one game that was improved under GPSP-J, yet as I said there are some that actually work worse. Load up FF6 some time and compare the stuttering and out-of-sync music during battles against Kai that runs nearly as well as the real hardware.Kingdom Hearts is the game I first noticed the fastforward went a lot faster.

dib said:
QUOTEYeah, sucks, but patching the ROMs with GBAATM works when needed.
That makes absolutely no sense. Why would anybody patch their roms when they can run unpatched on Kai with cheat files, all self contained within the PSP and untethered?
Hey, why don't YOU test my stuff before disclaiming it? You're getting a little too emotional without checking shit out first.

QUOTE(dib @ Apr 23 2011, 07:08 AM)
The most baffling part is that its purportedly based from Kai, so he would have actually had to go into the code and _strip out_ these features that were working and great.
Not coded much? Fixing some shit can break other shit, and if he didn't care about the cheats it would have been easier to move it out of reach than to fix it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Quickie question: What settings do you run for Super Metroid? I tried all the recommended settings I see online but it still pretty much gives me a blank screen when I start the gameplay (after the opening cutscene thing). I've tried multiple ROMs and what not. I just can't seem to pinpoint the correct settings.
SNES9xTYL 0.4.2mecm, PSP accel + approx Soft for the video renderer.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did test your claims--I went loaded Wario Land 4 onto my PSP just to check whether it was suffering as you said. It's not.

Regarding fast forward, I'm pretty sure all he's doing is adjusting the frameskip. You can achieve the same results in Kai by changing frameskip to manual and setting it to a higher number.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So in short:

- GBA: Already runs slightly faster with some games, and the more it gets developed, the faster it'll run.
- NES/SNES: Most games run full speed, with some configuring in the emulation settings. Faster than 100% is hard, especially for the SNES.
- PSX: No faster speed available, full speed is.
- N64: No faster speed available, full speed only for some games. Still under development.
- GENESIS: Full speed is available

Other older consoles are not that interesting, like I already mentioned before, for me.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
So in short:

- GBA: Already runs slightly faster with some games, and the more it gets developed, the faster it'll run.
- NES/SNES: Most games run full speed, with some configuring in the emulation settings. Faster than 100% is hard, especially for the SNES.
- N64: No faster speed available, full speed only for some games. Still under development.

Other older consoles are not that interesting, like I already mentioned before, for me.
yeah thats right, the genesis emus are good too if you wanna play some old school sonic

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rockstar said:
Satangel said:
So in short:

yeah thats right, the genesis emus are good too if you wanna play some old school sonic
K, I placed that post in the openings post so that other people don't have to read all this chit-chat.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I did test your claims--I went loaded Wario Land 4 onto my PSP just to check whether it was suffering as you said. It's not.

Regarding fast forward, I'm pretty sure all he's doing is adjusting the frameskip. You can achieve the same results in Kai by changing frameskip to manual and setting it to a higher number.
Link me to the version you have so I can check it out?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll definitely give that a run.

EDIT: Okay, there's still definitely lag in WL4 after hitting a frog switch (frameskip off confirms)... but it's a LOT more playable with frameskip on.
I can't seem to get cheats loaded, and yes I used the pack you linked. I can find the file an attempt to load it, but no cheats show up afterwards.

EDIT2: I got it, it's just really picky with directories. You need them to be in the CHT folder that it tries to auto-load, otherwise even if you choose to load them manually they won't load.

EDIT3: Okay, the kingdom hearts game is randomly freezing with this one, even on the title screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1