Hacking Homebrew app [Release] FREESTOR - PKGj / FreeShop alternative on PSP

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmmm. i was wondering. is it possible some of the MINIS games were never released as digital download ? i could not find "Ambassador Kane" and "BreakQuest - Extra Evolution" minis via your app. are those games only available as a physical media (ISO) ?

GorGylka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
hmmmm. i was wondering. is it possible some of the MINIS games were never released as digital download ? i could not find "Ambassador Kane" and "BreakQuest - Extra Evolution" minis via your app. are those games only available as a physical media (ISO) ?
Long story. Initially, I wanted to minimize the work with NPS tables in the code, so I pre-configured them to fit my needs. i also removed all lines with "missing url". maybe there were some of theese games that you didn't find

Reactions: xFlesk

RazorStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can you write instructions what you did to run ps1 games on PSP Go? i want to add this to git, but dont have a PSP Go to check
Sure.

The instructions are for CFW Infinity + 6.60 Pro-C2, should work on Infinity 6.61 as well.
  • Delete any old version of popsloader plugin (located in SEPLUGINS folder) if anyin the PSP, and delete the instruction of the plugin in VHS.txt and GAME.txt (both memory stick and internal).
  • Download Popsloader https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/PopsLoader_PSP
    The zip has SEPLUGINS folder, with POPS.txt and POPSLOADER inside.
  • Edit the POPS.txt and change both lines from "ms0" to "ef0" as bellow and save:
    ef0:/seplugins/popsloader/popsloader.prx 1
    ef0:/seplugins/popsloader/cdda_enabler.prx 1
  • Copy the SEPLUGINS to the root of the internal memory as well as the memory stick.
  • Reset the console
  • Start the PS1 game holding R. It should open a menu with all Popsloader firmwares, you can choose 1 and it will apply and start the game.
    After that you won't need to do that again, unless the game isn't compatible with the selected firmware, but can be changes the same way by holding R when starting the game.
IMG20230328212806.jpg

Last edited by RazorStrike,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, how are the speeds when using this? I hope it's not as bad/slow as NUSpli is on the Wii U downloading content :P
How much speed do you expect from a console released in the early 00's? I'm sorry to say that PSP and Psx games take a really long time. Minis and roms download pretty quick, though.

robbo25

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PSP Go here when I choose game to download, app showing download complete right away how to solve it?
Mine only does that if I forget to put my mobile hotspot on
Post automatically merged:

PSP Go here when I choose game to download, app showing download complete right away how to solve it?
Make sure connected to Internet

frigorific

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Getting this error while downloading anything, I have done everything correctly I believe. Can I fix this?

I have a PSP 3004 with 6.61 PRO-C Infinite.
I had the same problem. Nothing would start downloading. Found a solution.

Found the text about not compatible with category_lite plugin on Github page. Instead of disabling category_lite I just moved Freestor folder back to GAME folder instead of category folder. It will stay among non category apps but works with category_lite plugin 👍

PSP 1004 6.61 ProC

Reactions: GorGylka

Dydimos

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Thank you very much for sharing such an excellent application for our PSP veterans.

I have just one query.

In the event that one day your server where you have your games hosted stops working... would there be a chance to teach us how to modify it to create our own backup cloud?

That way, even if your application stopped working in the future, we could use it as an online manager of our hosted backups, even on our own PCs or on any server we rent.

If what I mention to you is impossible or in some way disrespectful, I apologize.

And thanks again for such a wonderful app.

GorGylka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you very much for sharing such an excellent application for our PSP veterans.

I have just one query.

In the event that one day your server where you have your games hosted stops working... would there be a chance to teach us how to modify it to create our own backup cloud?

That way, even if your application stopped working in the future, we could use it as an online manager of our hosted backups, even on our own PCs or on any server we rent.

If what I mention to you is impossible or in some way disrespectful, I apologize.

And thanks again for such a wonderful app.
Hello. thanks again for the kind words. in fact, I already have a finished version of the application where you can download iso / cso games. I haven't posted it anywhere yet.
I already tried to find alternative sources (no luck) , but I don't want to host myself, and the requirements are:
-server must be http, not https.
-server should return the final file size.
-it must be a static link, not dynamic, no tokens (etc.) in the link.
for example http://blablabla. com/games/game.cso, and when you follow the link you get the file.

Reactions: Dydimos

Dydimos

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Thank you for your answer, I am sure that many of us will be attentive to the possible release of your new application.

I hope you solve the problems, thanks again and congratulations for having so much talent.

chickenracer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the same problem. Nothing would start downloading. Found a solution.

Found the text about not compatible with category_lite plugin on Github page. Instead of disabling category_lite I just moved Freestor folder back to GAME folder instead of category folder. It will stay among non category apps but works with category_lite plugin 👍

PSP 1004 6.61 ProC
Confirmed, you saved me alot of trouble. Freestor is definitely not compatible with category_lite plugin.

It seems not to be compatible with CFW Ark-4 version 4.20.63 Rev 1 as well.

Last edited by chickenracer,
Reactions: frigorific

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. thanks again for the kind words. in fact, I already have a finished version of the application where you can download iso / cso games. I haven't posted it anywhere yet.
I already tried to find alternative sources (no luck) , but I don't want to host myself, and the requirements are:
-server must be http, not https.
-server should return the final file size.
-it must be a static link, not dynamic, no tokens (etc.) in the link.
for example http://blablabla. com/games/game.cso, and when you follow the link you get the file.
Why not have the application read an user-created pre-formatted text file (saved to the SD card) with links to download? That way you can release it without worrying about hosting yourself or linking to any piracy content.

Last edited by ssjkakaroto,

naof91

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
hello, i installed the app and it works but L and R button dont work and yes, i've tested the buttons in other games i have and they work perfectly fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr