Hacking Which card to go with?

sorasin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking into purchasing a flash card for my DSi and I was wondering if someone could help me answer a few questions.

1. Which card is the best for the DSi?
2. How much do they run for and where is a good place to buy one?
and 3. Can a flash card play both DS games and GBA games?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sorasin

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[*]Acekard 2i and M3i Zero. They're the best flashcarts for the Nintendo DSi.[*]They run games and homebrew. Good place to buy is the GBAtemp recommend sites in the Portal page.[*]A flashcard can play Nintendo DS and GBA games. Slot-1 flashcarts can play Nintendo DS games, not GBA games. Slot-2 flashcarts can play Nintendo DS and GBA games.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
id reccomend the same two flashcarts as antonkan did (IF you have to have a dsi) but one EXTREMELY important thing they will not play gba games, the way to do that is to buy a slot-2 cart like an ez 3in1 and a slot1 like a cyclo, however you have a dsi so NO gba games for you (you notice there is no slot at the bottom?) also PLEASE dont ask this, its been asked a million times theres even a sticky thread about the hgba question i think... use the search button...

sorasin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your help, you've answered alot of my questions. Sorry for the double post in another forum, I just wasn't sure which area would be the best place to post this.

I just have one last question; is there any possible way I can play GBA games on a DSi?

edit: also just to clarify antonkon, what I meant in my second question by "how much do they run for" was how much do they cost, but using those sites you suggested gave me my answer. so essentially you indirectly answered it lol. thanks.
wink.gif

GamerOnHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The search button is your friend. You might notice that I haven't posted a single topic. That's not because I don't have 5+ questions everyday, it's cause I like the use button. Hope this doesn't hurt your feelings!
cool.gif

The short answer to the big question "GBA on DSi": No, not yet.
Get The AK2i and the M3i Zero, and please, use the search button!!!

sorasin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did use search, on both these forums and google. My questions might have been too specific for it to yield any results. No offense taken btw, I understand that you see the same questions pop up every day. I just wanted to get the right up to date answer since I'm considering a purchase. I don't want to buy something I'll regret later because I didn't have all the right information.

edit: also; if I had to get one out of the ak2i and m3i zero, which is better?

GamerOnHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3i in my opinion, but AK2i is perfect. Get AK2i unless you are willing to pay more to get something a little better. When the CycloDSi comes out, then get it. (cyclods rules)
If your questions aren't their then I see no problem. Sorry I didn't take the time to search myself, to see if your Q's where different, I am just so busy balancing school and 5 forums I am on (including GBAtemp).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro