Gaming Where's the hype for Luigi's Mansion 2?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That gamespot 6.0 review got a lot of terrible feedback, basically the game was too hard for the reviewer in one area so it got a low score, but she praised everything else about the game. I mean 6.0 isn't a bad score, it's above average if you think about it, but don't lower it because of one thing that others have no problem getting through when the game otherwise was great to play for the reviewer.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
Luigi's Mansion 2(online) plays fine with or without yesterdays update for the 3DS. Also if you are not sure to buy game.. do buy! It is very big improvement from NGC ver. Controls are feel just right for the game, no issue. Last, the 3D makes it just amazing. Videos from youtube does not compare to what you actually see on screen! I am glad I buy this game, cannot stop playing it! xD

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
That gamespot 6.0 review got a lot of terrible feedback, basically the game was too hard for the reviewer in one area so it got a low score, but she praised everything else about the game. I mean 6.0 isn't a bad score, it's above average if you think about it, but don't lower it because of one thing that others have no problem getting through when the game otherwise was great to play for the reviewer.
Problem is that we live in a world where 6 is terrible, it's sort of an unwritten rule and reviewers know this. The misguiding nature of the system is the reason why I never bothered with review scores.
(Well most of the time, I mean if a game only receives 9's and 10's there's a good chance it's good)

Reactions: pokefloote

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Problem is that we live in a world where 6 is terrible, it's sort of an unwritten rule and reviewers know this. The misguiding nature of the system is the reason why I never bothered with review scores.
(Well most of the time, I mean if a game only receives 9's and 10's there's a good chance it's good)
I don´t look to any review scores, I look the gameplay if I like the game is good , if I don´t the game is bad =D

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a theory, and I want other people's input.
In Luigi's Mansion 2, you can do Download Play, BUT it's apparently "restricted" in some way.
I don't see any restrictions, so this leads me to my theory:

They said that the multiplayer only featured 4 Luigi's as Download Play can only send a MAXIMUM of 32mb (pretty small 0.o), and they didn't have the space. They also mentioned how they decided to make all the rooms random for this reason as well (space-efficiency).
Now, assuming how it was for New Super Mario Brothers 2, I think it may support some kind of DLC (maybe more random multiplayer areas, new areas or something)

It would make perfect sense if you think about it. The download-play wouldn't support the dlc as it's too big, thus it's restricted (or "limited"), it would add to the multiplayer experience, and it would be a good move in general. Also, the DLC button may not appear now, just how it didn't for New Super Mario Brothers 2 didn't, until we get a spotpass notification for Luigi's Mansion 2.

This is all theoretical, and I don't know how accurate I am (if at all), so don't take it seriously, but it's something to think about.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense, I suppose. There are no limitations as far as I could tell. I let my brother download play it, then we played locally for a bit. Then I completely closed my game, and he kept on playing against worldwide opponents in a bunch of modes.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My copy shall be arriving in the post tomorrow morning. :)

I don't really bother with reviews, but so many have given it a 9/10. Game will be great, no doubt.
Did you order from GAME? Got my cool Boo stressball too!
zr9GvF8.jpg

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
My copy shall be arriving in the post tomorrow morning. :)

I don't really bother with reviews, but so many have given it a 9/10. Game will be great, no doubt.

i got my copy this morning, sadly the box cover dosn't glow in the dark, its just a standard cover :(, i missed out on the stressball so i ordered from somewhere else, it worked out cheaper anyway.

edit: it doex glow in the dark but you have to hold it up to some light and cover the box to see it, pretty cool :)

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i got my copy this morning, sadly the box cover dosn't glow in the dark, its just a standard cover :(, i missed out on the stressball so i ordered from somewhere else, it worked out cheaper anyway.

edit: it doex glow in the dark but you have to hold it up to some light and cover the box to see it, pretty cool :)
Where and how much did you get yours for?

Also what's your 3DS FC?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(not related to the above question, btw) My brother grabbed his copy at a kmart for $35. The sticker said 39.99 as usual but for some reason it was cheaper. :P My PMD was also $5 cheaper there.

I love the puzzles in this game!

Reactions: heartgold

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One question: in the mission selection, next the name of the missions what is this two dots? ( One I know it is the rank, but the other?)

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(not related to the above question, btw) My brother grabbed his copy at a kmart for $35. The sticker said 39.99 as usual but for some reason it was cheaper. :P My PMD was also $5 cheaper there.

I love the puzzles in this game!
Better than the two Zelda games on the DS, puzzles are really good. I'm surprised. This is really a good game. I'm only on mission three and already over an hour gameplay. :)

Reactions: pokefloote

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question: in the mission selection, next the name of the missions what is this two dots? ( One I know it is the rank, but the other?)
The other means there is a Boo to be found. You can find them after getting the dark light, so you'd have to replay the earlier missions to find them.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Beat the game earlier today, 100%.

All gems, all Boos, all missions completed (Although not all of them are 3-starred yet), etc.
Took about 20 hours. I'd say it's a decent length for a handheld game, but I still wish it were longer. Either way, the story mode was amazing...One of the best Nintendo games released in a long time IMO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: My original one +1