Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you noki@. The prices on eBay are higher than on Amazon which is why I looked there at first, also in my memory we can send back said products for any reason so long as it hasn't been opened without having to pay shipping fees on Amazon. I tried looking in stores yesterday and today but all of them were higher serial #s than those listed in the document *sigh*
But I will take a look on eBay for new ones and ask seller(s) for serial number, colour is *optional* meaning it can also be a white or black one (just no blue etc).

Well if that's the case then I guess it might be worth a try, especially since you are looking for a regular 3DS you might have a better chance, just make sure you know the return policy well. In my case buying of Ebay was actually cheaper then the Amazon price.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to my local (run-down) K-Mart and to my surprise, they had a Red/Black 3DS XL sitting right in the case..... Serial # SW1268xxxxx

Aly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Can any single person please tell me whether all simple 3ds are firmware 4.5 or below , i've been asking this question for a very long time but no one answers me . Anyone reply dude

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Can any single person please tell me whether all simple 3ds are firmware 4.5 or below , i've been asking this question for a very long time but no one answers me . Anyone reply dude

No... Some 3DS(not XL) can and do have firmware above 4.5

NetoSenpai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It depends on where will you buy it, according to the wiki, if you get it from europe compare the 3ds serial number with the ones on the list: http://tinyurl.com/3DS-FW-EU
If you will get it from asia, then I can't help you since there aren't many users that have posted their findings, only one in japan: Super Robot Taisen UX 3DS LL: SJF1265xxxx x

So it will be hard to tell, just try to get the oldest one you see (while being unopened).

Edit: Another option I have found useful is to get it from a pawn shop, since you can ask to check it firsthand, choose the one with the desirable firmware (Less than 4.5) that doesn't look too worn out.

gguptop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll share my experience. I already own a 3ds on firmware 4.0, but I wanted a 3ds XL. Lets face it the original 3ds is too small in the hands of an adult man. I looked online and found several being sold on ebay, but since I'm impatient I drove to my local Walmart. The employees were happy to help me look for one with the serial number I wanted... BUT they lost the keys to the case. I waited around for about half an hour and they still couldn't find them. In the words of the sassy black woman working in the electronics, "somebody getting furd." I left and went across the street to Gamestop. As much as I enjoy playing 20 questions with the employee, its none of their business why I wanted one with a certain serial number. Anyways gamestop had several 3ds XL SW12xxxxxx x in red and also a sw10xxxxxx x. I bought they SW10 and am happy to report its on firmware 4.1! Good luck, happy hunting, and don't go to walmart!

Aly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
I'll share my experience. I already own a 3ds on firmware 4.0, but I wanted a 3ds XL. Lets face it the original 3ds is too small in the hands of an adult man. I looked online and found several being sold on ebay, but since I'm impatient I drove to my local Walmart. The employees were happy to help me look for one with the serial number I wanted... BUT they lost the keys to the case. I waited around for about half an hour and they still couldn't find them. In the words of the sassy black woman working in the electronics, "somebody getting furd." I left and went across the street to Gamestop. As much as I enjoy playing 20 questions with the employee, its none of their business why I wanted one with a certain serial number. Anyways gamestop had several 3ds XL SW12xxxxxx x in red and also a sw10xxxxxx x. I bought they SW10 and am happy to report its on firmware 4.1! Good luck, happy hunting, and don't go to walmart!

Ya i know but there is no serial number guidance for a simple 3ds all i could find was highest and lowest serial number for 3ds XL . Anyone who can tell me the highest and lowest serial number for a 3ds? I'm a noob so please reply with details and don't get annoyed :)

gguptop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gguptop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the 3ds which is below CW7236 has firmware 4.5 or below no matter what the color is?

In North America yes, I believe so. The article states almost all 3ds systems are capable.

3DS models capable of coming with <= 4.5.0:
Aqua Blue
Cosmo Black
Flame Red
Pearl Pink (bundled with Nintendogs + Cats)
Midnight Purple
Heroes of Ruin
The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Fire Emblem Awakening

Aly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
In North America yes, I believe so. The article states almost all 3ds systems are capable.

3DS models capable of coming with <= 4.5.0:
Aqua Blue
Cosmo Black
Flame Red
Pearl Pink (bundled with Nintendogs + Cats)
Midnight Purple
Heroes of Ruin
The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Fire Emblem Awakening

okay thanks i will now try to find one which has serial number below CW7236.By the way is
CW114931894 serial number safe?

vSnake

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I found a 3DS with this serial number : SS10** etc or something like that
is it 4.5 ? it was Mario Kart 7 bundle btw, and there was a Super Mario 3D World bundle too and it was the same

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a 3DS with this serial number : SS10** etc or something like that
is it 4.5 ? it was Mario Kart 7 bundle btw, and there was a Super Mario 3D World bundle too and it was the same
The Mario Kart 7 bundle is guaranteed to be 4.5 or below, as long as it is new and sealed.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
even if it didn't have the serial numbers in the FAQ ?
Yes. There have been no reports of the Mario Kart 7 bundle being above 4.5. These bundles are limited edition and were released before 5.0 came out.
Though I do understand if you want a second opinion on this. *looks at other people to confirm/deny this*

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the Dutch lads in here, I've recently bought a factory sealed 3DS XL system with 4.5 firmware off Marktplaats. There are still a few people (not 'ombouwwereld') who have them and are selling those in the € 200 range.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI