Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i aready thought so seeing the bad photoshopped picture of a 3ds with a downgrading screen. too bad they are so sketchy, i always like to know what exactly it is i am buying, like i saw a bundle with a gamecard for 3d games without mentioning which gamecard it is.

Yeah I know. They do have a store in schiedam, if you live near. But I wouldn't buy anything there a second time myself to be honest.
EDIT: You know what, just forget I mentioned them ;)

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi, i just bought a white 3ds XL, it had the 2013© however its serial number was SEF11371XXX X which is below te supossed serial number for EU to have a system version of 4.5 or higher. but odly enough its version is 7.1.0, and i am pretty sure i didn't pacht anything or it must be able to patch itself wile being charged whitout even being turned on. maby the storekeeper dit patch it or something like that. but now i wonder how great the possibility is to have a serial number lower than SEx1153xxxx x and yet have a system version higher than 4.5. also should i return my ds in the hope of finding one with a system version lower than 4.5 or should i just keep it.

edit: i found out that the 3ds porbably has been sold before and returned again, which explains the high system version, because the club nintendo code which came with it had already been used.

i went to the store to return it, however the store owner claimed that they can't take back hardware, which i find hard to belive (anyone happen to know the legal bindings of the branch intertoys?). beside that they firmly claimed that the club nintendo code could never have been used before, and that they didn't had resold or patched the console, which i find really hard to believe because the version was 7.1 which came out in 2014, while ther is a 2013© on the box.

anybody happen to kow what i should do next, because now i am kinda sitting here whit a console i didn't want because of some pain in the ass store owner. gues where i won't be shopping anymore.

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that might be me as I am a uk member looking to sell the gateway and 3ds xl as a package.

that sounds nice, however i first need to get rid of the one i already bought. juist being curious but what price would you ask, and if it isn't to much to ask for could you also mention it in € ?

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i went to the store to return it, however the store owner claimed that they can't take back hardware, which i find hard to belive (anyone happen to know the legal bindings of the branch intertoys?). beside that they firmly claimed that the club nintendo code could never have been used before, and that they didn't had resold or patched the console, which i find really hard to believe because the version was 7.1 which came out in 2014, while ther is a 2013© on the box.

Maybe one of the employees took it home to play a game, 7.1 is indeed way too new. In Canada, 3DS XLs come in a box that have one round transparent sticker on one side of the box, 2 same stickers on the side you're supposed to open it. Did you examine those before buying? If you paid full price for a new product, you should insist you get a new product, not an open box one. The store I got it from (which is a drugstore) warned me in advance that any issues would have to be dealt with through Nintendo, as they wouldn't take it back, but I was allowed to carefully examine the box.

If I were you I'd worry about getting a 4.5 or lower first, if that store still has one, then when that is done, offer them to settle with you in regards to the first one and give you a nice discount, or you call/email/fax Nintendo Netherlands, give them your proof of purchase (slip), and your code, and ask them to investigate. If there are multiple complaints, perhaps Nintendo won't let them sell their products anymore.

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the round sticker is indeed broken but that is because the put the empty box in the store shelfs and when you want to buy it they take the content of the box which they keep in the back of the store and put it in the box then. now that you mentioned it i wonder if they are allowed to do that, because i surely paid the price of a new product, and this way you really can't tell if it has been used before.

however i don't think i should buy a 4.5 one first and than negotiate about the 7.1 one, that store owner was acting really buthurt and i dont think i should take such a bet with him

btw by ''slip'' and ''code'' do you mean the receipt and the serial number?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should have tested the 3ds before you bought it, but that's too late now.
Just return it to the store and say you're not happy about it, i think they need to take it back by law.

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hardware, games, dvd's etc. have to be sealed to return (says their returnpolicy). But you never recieved them sealed from them, so that's something you could use as an argument I guess.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Set the parental lock and say that it was already set and you don't know the pin so you know for a fact it was used and is thus faulty as you can't play most games without the pin, then investigate the replacement console and just refuse it if it's been updated, if you don't mind making a scene wait till they are busy and cause a bit of a scene shops are usually more compliant then,

Also report the store for using the club Nintendo points from products sold as new, I know a few shops here in the UK do it too, they probably use all the codes to get club Nintendo items to sell on ebay for extra cash

ounjs

Trophies
XP
Country
@ tairo, I'm thinking of getting a new 3DS XL for my brother as I don't want to share :P, I pay by paypal(just to be safe) so how much are you asking for?

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Set the parental lock and say that it was already set and you don't know the pin so you know for a fact it was used and is thus faulty as you can't play most games without the pin, then investigate the replacement console and just refuse it if it's been updated, if you don't mind making a scene wait till they are busy and cause a bit of a scene shops are usually more compliant then,

Also report the store for using the club Nintendo points from products sold as new, I know a few shops here in the UK do it too, they probably use all the codes to get club Nintendo items to sell on ebay for extra cash

that would have been an amazing solution, however i had already tried to return it once so i think they're not going to beliefe me if i come back now with that excuse.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that would have been an amazing solution, however i had already tried to return it once so i think they're not going to beliefe me if i come back now with that excuse.
You can say you only just noticed when you tried playing resident evil, set the parental controls to like 6+ only, it's got to be worth a try, and if you do it while they are busy they will probably just switch.it to get rid of you so people don't start thinking they are dodgy and refuse to help if you have any issues

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can say you only just noticed when you tried playing resident evil, set the parental controls to like 6+ only, it's got to be worth a try, and if you do it while they are busy they will probably just switch.it to get rid of you so people don't start thinking they are dodgy and refuse to help if you have any issues

well, they already know that i managed to restore the system data to factory default (when returning something you usualy give it back the way you got it). so i don't think that would work anymore.

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, they already know that i managed to restore the system data to factory default (when returning something you usualy give it back the way you got it). so i don't think that would work anymore.

Just refuse to leave the store until they exchange it. This works especially well when i make my wife do it. They'll never call the cops on a girl!

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just refuse to leave the store until they exchange it. This works especially well when i make my wife do it. They'll never call the cops on a girl!

If you paid by credit card, tell them you are going to stop the payment. Call the credit card company to get them to put a hold on the charges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo