Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's been rumored that Ninty or stores sometimes reuses old boxes. So a serial number is the better guarantee.

I went to my local store, inspected the 3DSXL red box, saw a date atop the barcode sticker. Says 12/18/12. The serial begins as SW1134. The box was already opened, so I checked the FW, was 4.2.0-9U. And another red box with a barcode date of 11/28/13 with a serial of SW10XXXX. I didn't think of opening the second box, silly me. Both boxes had copyright 2012. But I was worried about the second box coz it had a barcode sticker date of 2013.

Is the barcode sticker date important as well?

Jiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've finally been persuaded to put my saved up €240 (and possible extra from mom, hooray for birthdays) into a 3DS and gateway card. Mom's prepared to pay for the Gateway at least half, but I've got just one problem and that is.
I live in Holland, in the south, and I have no idea where exactly to look for a 3DS XL that has guarantee of being FW 4.1-4.5.
I'm sorry if this makes me sound dumb, but could someone please tell me the exact things I should look for on the packaging, or shops in the province of North Brabant that have these mythical godsent 4.1-4.5 3DS XL's that I have read of, if anyone here knows of any?

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've finally been persuaded to put my saved up €240 (and possible extra from mom, hooray for birthdays) into a 3DS and gateway card. Mom's prepared to pay for the Gateway at least half, but I've got just one problem and that is.
I live in Holland, in the south, and I have no idea where exactly to look for a 3DS XL that has guarantee of being FW 4.1-4.5.
I'm sorry if this makes me sound dumb, but could someone please tell me the exact things I should look for on the packaging, or shops in the province of North Brabant that have these mythical godsent 4.1-4.5 3DS XL's that I have read of, if anyone here knows of any?

Uh, read the sticky?

bluejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also check out a local pawnshop just ask to mess around with the system check the firmware and if your lucky and its in good condition i recommend getting it...thats how i did it :)

Reactions: Jiru

Jiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
$_84.JPG

I'm planning on picking this off the Dutch version of Ebay, Marktplaats, and the seller has assured me it's firmware 4.4- any ways to be sure beside the serial that I should be aware of?

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning on picking this off the Dutch version of Ebay, Marktplaats, and the seller has assured me it's firmware 4.4- any ways to be sure beside the serial that I should be aware of?

If you are having second thoughts, request a screenshot of the firmware screen with the seller's name on it.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Well, you can also ask the seller to tell you the serial number and then check with the spreadsheet on Google Docs.

AshCakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to update I just bought I new Pink/White 3DS XL US version
it had v4.5 and was 2012 SW1274*****

Just wanted to share my success in buying one and to thank everyone here for the great help and saving me about $70 and being able to buy a new one instead of paying extra on ebay for a scratched up used one with v4.5 verified by the seller. Just some advice don't let the Seller know why you're asking I had 4 Sellers want to charge me more and question the Hell out of me on eBay just trying to ask for the 1st couple numbers of the serial number and the date on the box.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!! :lol:

Xenophon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a pink/white 3ds xl (US) with SW1286xxxx x, says copyright 2012 on the box and I'm wondering if there's anything else I can look for that may indicate that it is or isn't =<4.5.0. You see, I really don't like risking having to eat 200$ because I didn't check something obvious since the return policy is you-open-it-you're-stuck-with-it-unless-defective, but after going to five other stores I got desperate.
I was also going through ebay but, as everyone else has been saying, asking for serial numbers/firmware version doesn't work too well.

Or is there a good way to open the box just to check firmware and close it without it appearing to have been opened?

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Or is there a good way to open the box just to check firmware and close it without it appearing to have been opened?
I'm sure you could find a store with a 3DS XL showcase. I found one, asked permission to turn it on, it had 4.2. Gonna buy it next week unless I find a cheaper store.
I found this in Dubai, its a Mario kart bundle with a weird SS100352191 serial, any idea what firmware is this?
Black XLs are a no no. Only red, blue, pink, and some bundled editions.

Remedy_PPW

Trophies
XP
Country
3DS XL Blue/Black
SN: SEH1020xxxxx
Copyright: 2012
FW: 4.2.0-9E

Bought it today (new) at "Saturn" in Austria. So happy now, thanks to this spreadsheet, so i decided to register and contribute.

:P

Botroo2

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure you could find a store with a 3DS XL showcase. I found one, asked permission to turn it on, it had 4.2. Gonna buy it next week unless I find a cheaper store.

Black XLs are a no no. Only red, blue, pink, and some bundled editions.

Its a (Malaysia/Singapore) blue/black 3DS XL anyone familiar with that region?
4vmutf.jpg

Xenophon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of asking them, but this store is known for treating customers badly, they were also unfriendly and seemed overtly hostile when I was simply purchasing the damn thing. I really didn't want to go there but I didn't feel as though I had much choice. It really worked in my favor since not many people shop there if they can help it.

I managed to get it open carefully using instructions for opening the side with a single sticker subtly, but it didn't matter in the end cause it came with 4.5.0. B-)

Jiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone confirm if serial SEH120725241 for that black/red 3ds would be 4.x?

Edit, seller checked, it wasn't. Instead offered the same model with serial SEH113243943, and checked that it was 4.5.0-10E.
Will update when it arrives.

chinaurge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a sealed pink 3DS XL with serial number SW1275XXXXX and a sealed blue 3DS XL with serial number SW1224XXXXX.
Will they have a system firmware of 4.5 or lower? I can only return them if unopened.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ