Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

fnurg

Trophies
XP
Country
Managed to pick one up from an amazon shop

- SN: SEH1103xxxx x
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: Silver+Black
- Model: 3DS XL
- Shop: Amazon.co.uk (Bargain online)

Antonio García

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sooo I could barely get help or information on this site but I took a shot and bought an Ice White 3DS from Amazon Japan, it took about 4 days to arrive. I asked the shop to check the serial number or the copyright but he said it didn't had any in the box and indeed it doesn't say anything EXCEPT FOR the copyright in really little numbers hidden between japanese letters haha. It is in the right side of the box, in the very bottom, in case someone wants to give it a shot in asking a store.

CJH1215XXXX X
4.5.0-10J
Ice White
3DS
Japan

koruwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just picked up a red 3DS XL from my local Best Buy (after checking the serial number) and got a 4.4

There were like 3-4 other red XLs that should also be on <4.5 at that store too...

J. Sinclair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey :D I have a new 3DS for the list :D (just got my acc approved.)

It's a European 3DS XL Red and Black With serial: SEF1069xxxxx and 4.2.0-9E FW.
I think it's bought in Sweden, but I bought it of a dude here in Norway. Brand new box.

warf

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is my contribution

- Serial: SEH1091xxxx x
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: Silver/Black
- Model: 3DS XL
- Shop: Carrefour

There were plenty of other 113xxxxx in the same store (4.5.0)

jaeun14

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got mine as well today, the very same unit "Super Robo Taisen UX" LE
serial is also SJF126 and obviously it was also on firmware 4.5.0-10J out of the box.
It's not just plain black. I like the design a lot.

Can anyone tell me if the Shin Megami Tensei IV 3DS LL is 4.5.0 or lower ? I am also interested by this one.

So you confirm that the Robo Taisen is ok if i take it..
May I know the final price with shipping to france too.. and did you get extra taxe (douane)?

I fund a 2nd hand on leboncoin but like it's not always safe, i'm still checking another way to get a right one.

The funniest thing is that i have already all the game (over 35) in box, but i want to do hack for the japense games who doesn't come here.

Btw someone here can confirm that the japanese games works? because a friend of me tried one on his r4i and it didn't, i saw on many forum that the best linker is Getaway.. someone confirm it? thanks a lot :)

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Googled, searched this thread, and checked the wiki, but I can't find an answer to this.
Any chance the NA 3DS XL Black/Black has 4.5 or lower?
It's sitting in my shopping cart on amazon and I have a $50 off my next purchase from amazon coupon code + free 2 day shipping (prime). The code expires in a few days so I don't have time to wait... The other colors are a huge turn off for me and I have tried all kinds of crap on my DS lite to try and "mask" it's color (skins, hardcase, silicon cases, etc and all of them have issues) so I'm just not going to get a case for my 3ds XL which is why I reallllly want the black/black. Should I pull the trigger anyway? For science!?

sweener

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Googled, searched this thread, and checked the wiki, but I can't find an answer to this.
Any chance the NA 3DS XL Black/Black has 4.5 or lower?
It's sitting in my shopping cart on amazon and I have a $50 off my next purchase from amazon coupon code + free 2 day shipping (prime). The code expires in a few days so I don't have time to wait... The other colors are a huge turn off for me and I have tried all kinds of crap on my DS lite to try and "mask" it's color (skins, hardcase, silicon cases, etc and all of them have issues) so I'm just not going to get a case for my 3ds XL which is why I reallllly want the black/black. Should I pull the trigger anyway? For science!?

No NA 3DS XL Black/Black are all above 4.5.

http://nintendo3ds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_LL/XL_colors

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont have a choice of just black, its either black/blue or black/red
you may find an older special edition bundle but those designs and colors are even worse imo (pikachu 3ds xl ohgodwhy.jpeg)
you could always get this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECUMW0A...UTF8&colid=3D18YJS36XLTW&coliid=IQS6DINAF38FX

also there a high change you will receive an xl over 4.5 via amazon, I wouldnt risk it even with the sale
best to try b&m stores instead

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont have a choice of just black, its either black/blue or black/red
you may find an older special edition bundle but those designs and colors are even worse imo (pikachu 3ds xl ohgodwhy.jpeg)
you could always get this http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECUMW0A...UTF8&colid=3D18YJS36XLTW&coliid=IQS6DINAF38FX

also there a high change you will receive an xl over 4.5 via amazon, I wouldnt risk it even with the sale
best to try b&m stores instead
interesting... I have never tried a metal case so this could be an option... Thanks for the help guys, and yeah I went with amazon because of the discount, everyone in my house uses my amazon account to buy stuff so I get loads of rewards and discounts lol.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
interesting... I have never tried a metal case so this could be an option... Thanks for the help guys, and yeah I went with amazon because of the discount, everyone in my house uses my amazon account to buy stuff so I get loads of rewards and discounts lol.

I have that Black aluminum case on my Blue 3ds. It does look nice but be warned it will scratch your 3ds up. I wanted a Black 3ds at the time and that is why I got. I would look into a Tpu case if I was you.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has a fabric lining
it shouldnt scratch it, reviews have said (for other colors) that it doesnt scratch it

icon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...

If I found a pink/white xl with s/n: sw1259

and a red/black xl with s/n: sw1051

They both should contain 4.5 or earlier software, correct? These are both brand new, sealed from a local retail store. Thanks,

icon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol