Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

lovepig78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to buy a 3DS Ice White but I'm not sure about the firmware :c it is japanese imported, I will buy it from Amazon.co.jp. Anyone knows about this version of the Nintendo 3DS? I have read the 46 pages and found nothing :c

What's the serial number on the back of that 3DS? Is it XL or regular? Did you buy it new or used?

I bought my Ice White 3DS used, but I got it complete in box... it is the regular 3DS. It was supposedly bought of amazon.com

- SN: CJF130XXXXXX
- FW: 4.3.0-4j
- Copyright: 2011
- Color: Ice White
- Model: 3DS
- Shop: Craigslist (Used)

On a side note, you guys should go check out Bestbuy, as long as you don't mind getting a Red/Black 3DSXL. They'll price match Amazon's current $175 price mark.

Reactions: Terminator02

JorgeVdB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
- SN: SEF114XXXXXXX
- FW: 4.5.0-10E
- Copyright:
- Color: Black
- Model: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS XL Bundle
- Shop: Spain Amazon

Bought mine from Spain Amazon, the Monster Hunter 3 bundle

Really hoping Gateway ditch the brick code and release 2.0 already so I can buy it

Michunio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reactions: mathieulh

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really hoping Gateway ditch the brick code and release 2.0 already so I can buy it
Gateway bricks clones, not Gateways.
There are a few unconfirmed reports of Gateways getting bricked. Time will tell the truth.
FYI, Gateway will unbrick for free. The clones won't.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It looked bad when I looked at the pictures but it turned out to be ok, so im fine with it
ah well the tomodachi collection one i got was 5000¥ cheaper at the time, i would have got the srw one if they were the same price (i personally think it looks cool) :)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't someone with a hardware flasher and the update files just flash any 3DS to 4.5 extracted from the Update partition of a retail cart?
No. You can hook up to the 3DS's NAND and backup or restore your own systems unique NAND but it will not work on other 3DS's. You cannot extract a copy of a full system NAND from the update partition of a cart because it does not exist there.

Seqa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a Mint x White 3DSLL with 4.5.10 J.
Bought it from www.taobao.com

They have quite a few in stock, but the price is more expensive than 5.1+ (Maybe $50 more for 4.5 than 5.1 brand new.)

Reactions: cearp

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No. You can hook up to the 3DS's NAND and backup or restore your own systems unique NAND but it will not work on other 3DS's. You cannot extract a copy of a full system NAND from the update partition of a cart because it does not exist there.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I had to sell my 4.4U 3DS XL for rent before Gateway was a thing, and now I feel really stupid for it. ;_;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay