Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bunch of 2012 3ds/3ds xl NTSC-U consoles if anyone wants to buy some from me in the US

Ok, random dude who registered here Monday. I will PayPal you $200+ for you to honorably send me a 4.5 or older 3DS XL. Hell, I trust you so much, I will send you enough money for three. It's just awesome that you're providing this wonderful service to total strangers out of the kindness of your heart.

Reactions: emo kid 68

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, random dude who registered here Monday. I will PayPal you $200+ for you to honorably send me a 4.5 or older 3DS XL. Hell, I trust you so much, I will send you enough money for three. It's just awesome that you're providing this wonderful service to total strangers out of the kindness of your heart.

Oh no no! he's totally legit! he actually registered on Sunday so that makes a whole lot of difference!

Reactions: galneon

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not guaranteed

Lol, it's about as close as you can be to guaranteed.

Also, returns are a thing.

I bought a red one yesterday, and although it came with a couple scratches on the top screen, 4.3. Still haven't decided to exchange it or not.

You're not going to make any money here.

rurifan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody get a 3DS LL from Japan with a compatible firmware? The 3DS LL Monster Hunter 3G bundle came out November 1st 2012, but I can't fnd any confirmation that it ships on a FW 4.1-4.5.

By the way guys, keep in mind that you have to use an original game from compatible region to upgrade to a FW in that range (could be expensive to import). If this list is complete, it may not even be possible to upgrade a Japanese 3DS to anything above 4.1 (could be less compatible than 4.5).
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php/3DS_Games_with_firmware_updates_in_the_4.1_-_4.5_range

thatsit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did anybody get a 3DS LL from Japan with a compatible firmware? The 3DS LL Monster Hunter 3G bundle came out November 1st 2012, but I can't fnd any confirmation that it ships on a FW 4.1-4.5.

By the way guys, keep in mind that you have to use an original game from compatible region to upgrade to a FW in that range (could be expensive to import). If this list is complete, it may not even be possible to upgrade a Japanese 3DS to anything above 4.1 (could be less compatible than 4.5).
ttp://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3185
I plan to do a motherboard swap with a US 3DS that I'll buy on cl for like $70. I'll probably end up selling the leftovers for $100+ to someone who wants to play imports and save on customs and shipping.

I guess we'll see if there's a point to having a Japanese motherboard (namely if mh4 works on Gateway or not).

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
strange I feel happy cuz I bought my 3DS at realease time , I remember that I asked other tempers and they told me to wait and I didn't out of greed, good luck with that :P

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol have you ever used paypal before? There is a thing called buyer protection. I would buy from from anyone with it. You don't get what you want? open a paypal claim.. is that really so hard? lol who cares when I "registered" Sellers should be more worried about selling to some random guy on a forum.

I sell video games for a living, I was just offering. I really don't care if no one needs it.

Reactions: joshuatm

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, it's about as close as you can be to guaranteed.

Also, returns are a thing.

I bought a red one yesterday, and although it came with a couple scratches on the top screen, 4.3. Still haven't decided to exchange it or not.

You're not going to make any money here.

lol I wasn't trying to make any money.. I was just offering. Right now i'm just selling them as normal 3ds xl's anyway so I was offering to others who may have some use for it instead of people who don't know what a 4.5 console is. My items are new and you can't return new items to a store if you get the wrong version.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
lol I wasn't trying to make any money.. I was just offering. Right now i'm just selling them as normal 3ds xl's anyway so I was offering to others who may have some use for it instead of people who don't know what a 4.5 console is. My items are new and you can't return new items to a store if you get the wrong version.

don't worry, some people are just scared and overly skeptical, just like people who said the gateway was fake up until a review come out, or that gc usb loading would never be done on a wii.
if i was you, sell them on ebay, as buy it now, advertise it as 4.5 firmware. i would buy it if i needed to!

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've had to file claims before. It's not about risking being ripped off, but risking wasting time waiting for the refund when there are plenty of new compatible units still on store shelves. This isn't a cheap, new-in-box 3.55 PS3--there's no incentive to put any faith into you at this point. Maybe in 2014 or '15.

baokia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im curently in japan and would like to get 3ds. I saw the box behind written 2012 so can i assume the firmware is btw 4.1-4.5 ? btw which jap game update with 4.5 ?

thatsit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ris312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japanese Luigi's Mansion has the 4.5.0J update. (so far its the only dumped game that has it)

edit: Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Japan) [Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies] has 5.1.0J update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay