Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You've already received it ? How is it ?

Yeah yesterday. And it's really easy to install the stuffs. It works like a charm^^ I just updated my 3DS to 4.5 today. I love racing games, so I tried with Nascar Unleashed, and it runs very smoothly. This flashcart is amazing, and love the packaging.

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah yesterday. And it's really easy to install the stuffs. It works like a charm^^ I just updated my 3DS to 4.5 today. I love racing games, so I tried with Nascar Unleashed, and it runs very smoothly. This flashcart is amazing, and love the packaging.
Have you tried playing any games online ?

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Do you guys know if the 3DS in the following pic is 4.5 or lower?

l405.jpg

Though I have to clarify this is an asian (singaporean) set. Any input would be highly appreciated...

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you guys know if the 3DS in the following pic is 4.5 or lower?

l405.jpg

Though I have to clarify this is an asian (singaporean) set. Any input would be highly appreciated...

I don't think it has a firmware higher than 4.5 installed, MK7 is a pretty "old" game.

Colarfulltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guy, went down to my bet buy and found what 3ds's are under 4.5. The picture below shows what you should look for when buying a 3ds. Notice the copyright is 2012. I even found 3ds's that were copyrighted from 2011 in there lol

Attachments

• IMG_20130809_190846.jpg
    IMG_20130809_190846.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 2,713
Reactions: Cyberdrive

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't think it has a firmware higher than 4.5 installed, MK7 is a pretty "old" game.

Thanks for the quick response.

As others have suggested, would the outer package's "© 2012" be enough to ensure the firmware is 4.5 or lower? If it's lower than 4.5, I know Gateway can still work on it (from 4 to 4.5, I believe), but if I wanted to update to precisely 4.5, would my only option be a game with a 4.5 update like Luigi's Mansion? Is there no other way to update to exactly 4.5 without a game?

Once again, would highly appreciate any input.

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the quick response.

As others have suggested, would the outer package's "© 2012" be enough to ensure the firmware is 4.5 or lower? If it's lower than 4.5, I know Gateway can still work on it (from 4 to 4.5, I believe), but if I wanted to update to precisely 4.5, would my only option be a game with a 4.5 update like Luigi's Mansion? Is there no other way to update to exactly 4.5 without a game?

Once again, would highly appreciate any input.

If it's lower than 4.5, then i if i was you, i should buy Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, it comes bundeled with 4.5, and it's a great game =)
Sorry for the late answer, i was out.
EDIT: As for the date, i think you should be fine with 2012, 3DS XL's comes packed with 4.0 i believe. Maybe you can ask to try it in the store, so you can see what firmware it is on

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone have any ideas where to locate or tips on how to find a 3DS XL that has the appropriate firmware for the gateway 3ds ? Maybe some key information I can look at on the box before purchase such as in the case of buying a new one ? I wanted to make this it's own thread because I know I can't be the only person in search of one.
For now I suggest keeping your existing 3DS if you have one. They are pretty confident they can get a 5.x/6.x update out. I think it should be possible but may take months of effort.
The latest firmware has a lot of improvements over 4.5 so it would be best to wait for them to update.

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If it's lower than 4.5, then i if i was you, i should buy Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, it comes bundeled with 4.5, and it's a great game =)
Sorry for the late answer, i was out.
EDIT: As for the date, i think you should be fine with 2012, 3DS XL's comes packed with 4.0 i believe. Maybe you can ask to try it in the store, so you can see what firmware it is on

Stores here are not as easy going as in many other countries since the general guideline is 'once the package is opened, consider it sold', so checking out or asking for the firmware myself is not an option to me...

As for upgrading to 4.5, I believe Luigi's Mansion also comes with 4.5, so if that's the case, I might go with that as I've already played DK on Wii and to me it was a pretty uninteresting co-op platformer, especially when it's compared to the likes of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the more recent Rayman Origins. Anyway, I was wondering if there's a way to hopefully bypass needing a 4.5 game, but I guess there's not.

Not to forget, thanks a bunch for your reply, oh and please don't apologize for being awesome! :)

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stores here are not as easy going as in many other countries since the general guideline is 'once the package is opened, consider it sold', so checking out or asking for the firmware myself is not an option to me...

As for upgrading to 4.5, I believe Luigi's Mansion also comes with 4.5, so if that's the case, I might go with that as I've already played DK on Wii and to me it was a pretty uninteresting co-op platformer, especially when it's compared to the likes of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the more recent Rayman Origins. Anyway, I was wondering if there's a way to hopefully bypass needing a 4.5 game, but I guess there's not.

Not to forget, thanks a bunch for your reply, oh and please don't apologize for being awesome! :)

Hey, no problem
P.S Do you live in Malaysia? I just came back from holiday from that land :D
I ate lot's of roti :lol:

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel normally all non SE Blue or red will have 4.x fw on it (released Q3 or 4 2012-Q1 2013) if im not correct plz educate me or beat me like a Pinata with a spiked stick :P

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
For now I suggest keeping your existing 3DS if you have one. They are pretty confident they can get a 5.x/6.x update out. I think it should be possible but may take months of effort.
The latest firmware has a lot of improvements over 4.5 so it would be best to wait for them to update.
But what if this turns out like the PS3 hack? I personally wouldn't hack PS3 myself because I had tons of games on it already, but we all know after 3.55, Sony closed all the holes and hackers were too afraid to try and find new exploits in fear of lawsuits.

Who's to say the same wouldn't happen here? After all, finding effective exploits is not an easy task at all and it requires quite a bit of luck (of course alongside a lot of dedication and skill)...

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey, no problem
P.S Do you live in Malaysia? I just came back from holiday from that land :D
I ate lot's of roti :lol:
I live here and I avoid Roti's as much as I can! :D

I am not a local myself, but I like the country a lot and I've lived here for a couple years now. How was your trip by the way? Tourists usually love this green country (except its weather!). :lol:

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I live here and I avoid Roti's as much as I can! :D

I am not a local myself, but I like the country a lot and I've lived here for a couple years now. How was your trip by the way? Tourists usually love this green country (except its weather!). :lol:

Well it was great, we stayed in Kuala Lumpur, but the flight was long :(, i live in Holland so the flight was 12:50 hours long.
Good thing i fully charged my 3DS, but i barely played it. I mostly slept because we left at 23:00 PM

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Well it was great, we stayed in Kuala Lumpur, but the flight was long :(, i live in Holland so the flight was 12:50 hours long.
Good thing i fully charged my 3DS, but i barely played it. I mostly slept because we left at 23:00 PM

I believe it was a transit flight, right? Well in any case, those flights tend to be a nightmare especially when there's a crybaby (literally!) inside, I remember once in an eight hour flight an infant was crying for probably some five hours; nobody could sleep. :angry:

By the way did you go to Langkawi? What about Genting Highland or Colmar Tropicale (more commonly called French Village)? To me those are some fine places to visit aside from KL. :)

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe it was a transit flight, right? Well in any case, those flights tend to be a nightmare especially when there's a crybaby (literally!) inside, I remember once in an eight hour flight an infant was crying for probably some five hours; nobody could sleep. :angry:

By the way did you go to Langkawi? What about Genting Highland or Colmar Tropicale (more commonly called French Village)? To me those are some fine places to visit aside from KL. :)

Nope, we didn't go there, too bad now that i think of it :(
We mostly explored the city, which was pretty fun too!
Luckely for me, the only "childeren" on the plane where 13 years and older (same age as me) so it wasn't a problem.
Yeah even though i am 13, phisicaly i act as 15 or 16, so i'm pretty mature for my age.
Also, i love doing some research in hacking systems, i hate that most 13 year olds just come here on this forum whining about how the want haxx and stuff.

Wiki'd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Nope, we didn't go there, too bad now that i think of it :(
We mostly explored the city, which was pretty fun too!
Luckely for me, the only "childeren" on the plane where 13 years and older (same age as me) so it wasn't a problem.
Yeah even though i am 13, phisicaly i act as 15 or 16, so i'm pretty mature for my age.
Also, i love doing some research in hacking systems, i hate that most 13 year olds just come here on this forum whining about how the want haxx and stuff.
Whoa! I would have never guessed your age (despite the Boy12 name, yes) if you hadn't mentioned it... Quite impressed to be honest. It's awesome that besides being more mature, you even help others out.

Kudos to you my friend. :D

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoa! I would have never guessed your age (despite the Boy12 name, yes) if you hadn't mentioned it... Quite impressed to be honest. It's awesome that besides being more mature, you even help others out.

Kudos to you my friend. :D

Haha, no problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1