where to buy delidded PS3 fat

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone happen to know where in the usa i can buy a ps3 fat that has had both the CPU&GPU delidded as well as the nectoken caps replaced? im looking to add a PS3 fat to my collection

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does anyone happen to know where in the usa i can buy a ps3 fat that has had both the CPU&GPU delidded as well as the nectoken caps replaced? im looking to add a PS3 fat to my collection
idk where to buy but here are some tipps to further future proof your Ps3 fat

if you found one and if its checha and chechb look for an APS-231 powersupply unit wich runs cooler and draws 100w less (less ylod chance)

chechc already got APS-231 but lacks emotion engine chip(only software emulation) + this was the first model when sony began to downgrad the fan (only 17 blades not 19 like in checha any model after chechc only has 15 )

another thing would be switching the thermal grease to (delided) conductonaut (non delided) kryonaut

• Love
Reactions: kaitlin459

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk where to buy but here are some tipps to further future proof your Ps3 fat

if you found one and if its checha and chechb look for an APS-231 powersupply unit wich runs cooler and draws 100w less (less ylod chance)

chechc already got APS-231 but lacks emotion engine chip(only software emulation) + this was the first model when sony began to downgrad the fan (only 17 blades not 19 like in checha any model after chechc only has 15 )

another thing would be switching the thermal grease to (delided) conductonaut (non delided) kryonaut
how hard is it to delidd a fat ps3?

qzack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I came across this thread as I am the proud owner of the Original Launch Model PS3. The one that came with a 40/60GB Hard Drive and has the Memory Card Readers. I am interested in getting my PSU replaced with the cooler running model PS3 APS-231. If I understand what I have read, all I have to do is just swap PSU's and everything will work? My unit has been solid, I've not ever had a YLOD but understand that these are prone to getting them so I'd like to reduce heat and enjoy the energy benefit of a much better PSU.

What places would be recommended to buy one? I have check the bay and see them going for $45 on up.
AliExpress has them much cheaper but I am worried about returns and live in the states.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how hard is it to delidd a fat ps3?
i would say its not for the faint of heart and would only recommend it when you got years of experience with tinkering and microsoldering (yeah you dont need soldering for the job but when you for instance knock a traces or something you could fix it)
Hello All,

I came across this thread as I am the proud owner of the Original Launch Model PS3. The one that came with a 40/60GB Hard Drive and has the Memory Card Readers. I am interested in getting my PSU replaced with the cooler running model PS3 APS-231. If I understand what I have read, all I have to do is just swap PSU's and everything will work? My unit has been solid, I've not ever had a YLOD but understand that these are prone to getting them so I'd like to reduce heat and enjoy the energy benefit of a much better PSU.

What places would be recommended to buy one? I have check the bay and see them going for $45 on up.
AliExpress has them much cheaper but I am worried about returns and live in the states.

i would go with ebay and 45$ is ok (saw them from 25€-90€ on germany ebay)
and yes its just "plug and play" not a hard job to do

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Jayro any idea what fan i should upgrade to and also where to find one ebay seems to only have the newer fewer blade fans
Ps3 Gen1 CHECHA 19 bladed oem fan and its relativ ez is like with the psu just plug and play

there are also some thirdparty mods to control your fan (PS3 EZ Chill Fan Mod)

and there are also some thirdparty Fans (sadly cant find anyone wich is still sold)

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ps3 Gen1 CHECHA 19 bladed oem fan and its relativ ez is like with the psu just plug and play

there are also some thirdparty mods to control your fan (PS3 EZ Chill Fan Mod)

and there are also some thirdparty Fans (sadly cant find anyone wich is still sold)

i have a new in box usb external cooling fan its dual fans and i plan to attach it to the back of the PS3 to exhaust the air better

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have a new in box usb external cooling fan its dual fans and i plan to attach it to the back of the PS3 to exhaust the air better
srry to say that so rough but most of them are e waste/placebo

iirc there videos about those on yt they show thats only about 1-3 degree celsius difference

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)