Where do you get your ISOs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by evadwolrab, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    Usenet [​IMG]

- Sam

2. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    a very nice private torrent site.
    All games are well seeded, even old ones.

3. Jaejae

Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    I'm a member of a great FXP board, and I have TorrentLeech, that combo never fails imo.

4. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Me. I do. I need that much stuff. I have a modded Wii, a modded 360, and a DivX compatible dvd player.

So, dvdrips, 360 isos, wii isos, I like to actually be able to download them without worrying if the file is complete or if I am connectable with the seeder, if he doesn't have his ports fowarded right, or if his computer crashes. Get stuck with 50kbps or even less...

I'm a member of a private tracker where I get good speeds but it could get shut down at any minute just like oink and demonoid.

Torrents are for noobs.

Plus, guess where the uploaders on torrent sites get the releases? Usenet/FTP.

If you can't afford $12 a month or are too cheap well then, yeah, torrents are the way to go I guess...but good luck getting what you want when you want...and have fun leaving your torrent going for days waiting for leechers to hop on to get your ratio back up so you don't get banned from the tracker...(unless you just leech off public sites...which is even more pathetic...)

5. quinterrya

quinterrya Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2006
    United States
    wow. this thread is getting alittle too hot.

here is the breakdown.

usenet is the best. not because i say so, but because the majority of the board thinks so. there shouldn't be any flaming about where can you download the most illegal stuff, at the most fastest speeds and with the cheapest price.

i personally never used usenet. i use rapidshare premium account and pay 10.00 a month or 55.00 for a year. im satisfied with it. but im not vouching that it's the best, because i haven't tried anything else lately.

lastly, it doesn't matter if you're paying 12.00, 10.00 or getting it free. the important thing is that you're saving ALOT of money.

6. Hiratai

Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    You obviously have NO idea what you're talkign about. You can get ALL that stuff at high download speeds on black cats. Plus, paying 19 a month is more expensive than just renting the game from Gamefly.

Please, do your research BEFORE you make idiotic posts liekt hat one.

7. paul1991

paul1991 Banned

Banned
    May 5, 2007
    United States
    I dump my own to sd card or use sites like rapidshare. I get the links from a private site.

8. aslacker55

aslacker55 I like pie

Sep 13, 2006
    United States
    So Cal
    There is no point in arguing on which is better. It is all about your self preference. They both do the same thing. If you don't want to pay, then use torrents. If you like the convenience and don't mind paying, then by all means use the usenet.

I use both and I'm happy with both of them. No complains about each one, they are both great. [​IMG]

9. Rayout

Rayout GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2006
    United States
    Don't post links to naughty places.

10. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    You obviously have NO idea what you're talkign about. You can get ALL that stuff at high download speeds on black cats. Plus, paying 19 a month is more expensive than just renting the game from Gamefly.

Please, do your research BEFORE you make idiotic posts liekt hat one.

[/quote]

It sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. If one were to pay $19 a month for usenet they would be able to get a lot more than the one game from gamefly you are talking about. What is the maximum number of games you can rent from gamefly in one month? I can get more from the usenet, guaranteed. Can you also rent movies from them? How about pc software? Oh, "No" you say. Then your comparison is shit.

11. Hiratai

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    It sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. If one were to pay $19 a month for usenet they would be able to get a lot more than the one game from gamefly you are talking about. What is the maximum number of games you can rent from gamefly in one month? I can get more from the usenet, guaranteed. Can you also rent movies from them? How about pc software? Oh, "No" you say. Then your comparison is shit.

[/quote]
    Oh my bad, I didn't know that half the stuff you download originally can be downloaded elsewhere. Usenet is for impatient assholes. Seriously, WHY would you pay for something that's already pirated? That's retarded.

Plus, before you stick your pricky little nose into a conversation,l learn what we were talking about. We were solely discussing video games. Not movies, not software.

Go outside for a change, douche.

12. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    Because some people can actually afford to spare $15. [​IMG]

Btw Hiratai, you have the worst arguments for everything.
    I'm sure next you're going to use the "and they blame America's schools" or "the dumbest people are from Europe and Australia" lines that you always use when you're backed into a corner.

13. Hiratai

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Unless you've been disconnect from society for a long time, you wont NEED to download hundreds of things in one month.

14. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    Nobody NEEDS to. But some people want to and have the money and net connection to do it. That doesn't give you right to tell them that they are wrong or "retarded".

15. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    on the wheel
    Oh my bad, I didn't know that half the stuff you download originally can be downloaded elsewhere. Usenet is for impatient assholes. Seriously, WHY would you pay for something that's already pirated? That's retarded.

Plus, before you stick your pricky little nose into a conversation,l learn what we were talking about. We were solely discussing video games. Not movies, not software.

Go outside for a change, douche.

[/quote]
    Oh, strictly video games, huh?

I think that one of the benefits of getting your ISOs from the usenet is that you can get other things too.

16. sekhu

sekhu moo?

Feb 14, 2007
    this thread BEGAN as an innocent thread curious about people's habits on how they download. Hiratai has turned into some petty flame bait. The thread is rapidly going downhill

17. Hiratai

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Oh, strictly video games, huh?

I think that one of the benefits of getting your ISOs from the usenet is that you can get other things too.

[/quote]
    As well with torrent sites. -.-'

18. GamerzInc

GamerzInc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2006
    Memphis
    Got damn good download speeds on torrents, usually 3-4mb after about 30min. Transferred to usenet this past week, I got tired of seeding the things. 7mb down and loving it.

Edit: lol @ Horatii. Someone doesn't know why people use usenets or torrents. Those who download do not download one or two things.

19. bubblejoe

bubblejoe Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2002
    Belgium
    Enghien
    Usenet [​IMG]
    Giganews + newzbin.com + NewsLeecher/Supersearch [​IMG]

20. GamerzInc

GamerzInc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2006
    Memphis