Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gonzo, do you have fios? my friend has fios and can't seem to get it to connect to news.verizon.net at all. standard port.

I've tried connecting from outside verizon's network just to see if I'd get anything, but not a thing.

Hmm, yeah 119 should do it but, no i don't use fios. Just dsl. I've tried connecting to it with my neighbors comcast connection and couldn't get it to work either. It seems it won't work outside of verizon. I wonder why it wouldn't work with fios though? It seems dumb but is he putting in the correct username and password? who knows?

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
FTP is obviously the best because you'll have access to huge archives of stuff going back like 15 years until now. But most of the time, you'll need to invest quite a lot of time and keep on investing to get access to those kind of archives.

Usenet is great to download at your max speed and to find some obscure stuff, without the need to seed back.

Torrents also rock, as long as you got the good private trackers, if you haven't been on those yet, you really shouldn't give an opinion on torrents because you don't know what they are fully capable of.
The torrents scene has evolved a lot over the course of the past few years and huge archives are kept at many a private tracker. Now that I mention this, torrents actually have a larger archive than Usenet, as long as you have the right sites, that's a key element. You can a looooot of obscure, hard to obtain otherwise, material on private trackers, like Karagarga. They have over 20.000 movies on there, almost all of those are considered non-mainstream, lotsa nice stuff on there
smile.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
why isn't this topic closed ?

Agreed.

QUOTE(ShADyX @ Nov 30 2007, 07:10 PM)this topic should be closed and buried.....noone cares where you download your illegal copies from.

As far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with this topic. As long as no one gives out any links or anything like that, it remains open. For the record, anyone who gets the bright idea to link to ROMs in order to get this topic closed should be warned that you'll be banned instantly. Erm, yes, anyways, nothing wrong with discussing this sort of thing.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i usually download them through rapidshare / megaupload (since i have accounts, its easy to download them).

Some times i have to resort to torrents though

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get them where ever I can. Usenet, torrent, mediafire, megaupload/rapidshare (which can get pretty annoying since I don't have an account), etc. I like UseNet most though.

dread123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i use usenet for stuff i cant find, and i'm also a member of a private FTP, which has a substancial amount of software on including movies,apps,games,xxx and alot more
smile.gif

I recommend if anyone can get access to a ftp, stick with it..they are very underground and you will definately appreciate it
smile.gif

yorke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm relatively new to this usenet business, but really interested in subscribing for a news server account.
Reading through this thread, I've sort of narrowed down my choices:

1)giganews.com
2)newserver.com
3)hitnews.eu

Could anyone kindly recommend the best choice with regards to value-for-money/speed?

Do take note that I'm living somewhere in Asia, would this affect my choice in anyway?

Thanks and regards.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm relatively new to this usenet business, but really interested in subscribing for a news server account.
Reading through this thread, I've sort of narrowed down my choices:

1)giganews.com
2)newserver.com
3)hitnews.eu

Could anyone kindly recommend the best choice with regards to value-for-money/speed?

Do take note that I'm living somewhere in Asia, would this affect my choice in anyway?

Thanks and regards.
Also look into astraweb. They're $15, offer 20 simultaneous connections, and so far 117+ retention. I've been using them for almost a month now and never any problems maxing out my connection. That said, I don't think they have servers in Asia, but they do in europe. You can run a traceroute from their site. I get 80ms in us and 100ms from europe iirc.

Figure if you don't need the 200 day retention of giganews, you can save a bit of money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple