Where do you get your ISOs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by evadwolrab, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Rayout

Rayout GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2006
    United States
    The nice thing about private torrents is the fact that they have vast archives of early releases that are still seeded. Still if you've been keeping up with the scene then its not a big deal, but sites like BC still have their role [​IMG]

2. Hiratai

Hiratai I'm like *tick* *tick*

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Spell ti right, kid. Also, we all know you don't download one r two things. But you don't download that much in a month, to make it needed that you pay for it. Fact. Unless you were in jail for the past 30 years.

3. xflash

xflash Local Ninja

Oct 21, 2004
    Norway
    i use magic

*casts magic iso appear*
    desierd iso appears

jk i use torrents. got like 50 diffrent private trackers

4. GamerzInc

GamerzInc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2006
    Memphis
    ??????do forgive me for the mispelling. You should also check your spelling and your grammar. $14.99 is just fine the stuff I download daily. It only enhances the studio and parties that go on. Let's see, $14.99 for one dvd, or all the dvds you could ever want?

5. Hiratai

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    Or not pay anything and use a torrent site?

6. yus786

yus786 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2006
    Bradford
    i use usenet and have been for a few months now

its really handy as i download every good movie (upto 4.7gb) and every good wii game (4.7gb) and also 360 games (upto 8gb) and also bits and bats like applications and pc games

i moved from using torrents and was tired of waiting 2 days+ to download a game when i can download it in 3 hours

i use newshosting unlimited which is about £7 ($15) a month and it maxes out my connection all the time

usenet is the best thing to use imo but paid ftp's are also good but cost alot

yus786

7. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States

I don't pay a dime for usenet because it comes free with my ISP, as I've said in previous posts. And you can only get games from blackcats...Do you even know what blackcats is? I'm going to go search on there for you and see if you are even a member(edit: i just searched for hiratai on blackcats and there is no user with that name...hiratai = pwned)... And $19 a month for usenet is insane. It's about $10. Which is like 30 cents a day. Apparently you need to do some research.

gamefly doesn't let you keep the games forever do they? And can you rent as many games as you want from them at a time? No....

Also, are you capable of having a discussion without resorting to name calling?

8. Zesto

Zesto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    I use torrents. I tried using Usenet for a week, but I still prefer private tracker torrents.

9. EarthBound

EarthBound a/s/l?

Aug 28, 2003
    United States
    Fort Worth,Texas
    Usenet if i want a game quickly.

Private torrents if i feel like waiting/uploading for a few days.

10. gEist

gEist GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2007
    Germany
    rapidshare?

11. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2007
    United States
    Way to ruin another thread, Hiratai.

12. Taras

Taras I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'

Dec 10, 2005
    United States
    Boxcar #142, Santa Fe rail
    i use oprah's magic secret ™ and focus my energy (warning, may cause gas) and visualize a romz and send that to space and the next day Jesus delivers it while wearing a UPS outfit.

13. shadowboy

shadowboy :D

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    Blackcats till I remember my verizon usenet password.

That said, hiratai signed up on blackcats with a different username, nuff said.

14. Hiratai

Banned
    Aug 17, 2007
    United States
    I usually do, on ALL sites. There's only two sites using this user name.

15. webjedi

webjedi GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2007
    United States
    That's exactly me too!!! [​IMG]

Hiratai - obviously you have a strong opinion on this one. [​IMG] But different strokes for different folks. I find it great that I can pay for those services and be able to easily access almost any game/movie/pcis whenever I want. I completely understand the "free" is better attitude. But I have no need to keep up share ratio - I can download 300 GB in one month (which I do) and have no worries about sharing files.

16. Bob Loblaw

Aug 7, 2007
    United States

How did you not know that blackcats only has games then?

If you have an account there then copy and paste the second news announcement on the front page from oct 31..

17. GamerzInc

GamerzInc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 7, 2006
    Memphis
    For those that use usenet. Does ssl make it so my ISP can't track my bandwidth usage or what I'm downloading?

18. evadwolrab
    OP

evadwolrab GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2006
    I think bandwidth monitoring is based on physical activity on the line. I'm pretty sure there's no software way of hiding how much data you send/receive.

19. 2cb2ct7

2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2007
    Your ISP and Usenet provider do not usually monitor data transferred through usenet. If you are wary just use SSL anyway. My understanding is that they occassionally monitor how much data you transfer at different times but not what that data is.

This differs from p2p where anyone can join your tracker (ie, copyright enforcement groups) and know that you are leeching (and simultaneously sharing in the case of p2p) infringing data.

20. Bob Loblaw

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    And yet another gigantic arguement against torrents. lol!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted