When to buy the Vita and what I can do out of the box.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Yoshiboshi3, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Yoshiboshi3
    OP

Newcomer Yoshiboshi3 Member

United States
    Hey guys at gbatemp, I've been going to this site for ages but I don't think I've posted before. Right now I'm just asking, should I buy a vita if I'm only interested in hacking? It seems like buying early and getting an old firmware is important. I also am slightly interested in ultimate mvc3.

My other question is, what all can I do in regards to homebrew, right out of the box? I understand there is a HBL?

2. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Well, just buying only if it's hacked irks me, but you should support the company.

3. Yoshiboshi3
    OP

United States
    Acewarhead, Im not interested in pirating games. :)

I just want homebrew support like on my PSP.

4. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    If you're only interested in getting the Vita for hacking, then you're taking a pretty expensive gamble because there's no guarantee that it will ever be hacked. On the other hand, if later down the road it is hacked, then you're right in that it generally is better to have an older model with older firmware for the purpose of modding it. I would probably get it sooner than later to be safe. But even if it never gets hacked, I still think it's a great system and well worth the money.

This topic has all the info you need to know about the current state of homebrew on the Vita.

5. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Ah, ok. That's different.
    Well, as of now, Densetsu has said everything you need.

6. Yoshiboshi3
    OP

United States
    Alright, thanks for that answer Densetsu. I remember I got a ton of time out of my PSP with liberty city stories before I hacked it months later.