PS Vita has a missing metal plate, should I buy a replacement?

Deleted member 680591

OP
Trophies
XP
I purchased a Japanese red vita 1000. I opened up the console to give it a clean up as the keys were dirty inside from the previous owner.

I followed a tutorial for opening the vita 1000 but I first noticed that one of the battery screws that holds the battery in place was missing which made me believe that someone has already opened the vita before.

I then noticed that I didn't have a metal plate (shown in the attached image), however in the tutorial I followed the vita 1000 has a plate that connect the middle and right board but mine doesn't.

I have been able to find some spare parts for this plate on eBay and other sites. Should I buy it and add it to the vita? The vita works fine without it. I have no idea what the plate does, one website says it is an earthing plate however other sites say that it is just a plate to connect the two boards together. I feel that there is a purpose for the metal plate as there are contacts underneath where the plate is supposed to sit (similar to other metal plates in the vita).

If anyone can help me or give me some peace of mind that would be great.

Thank you

Attachments

• PXL_20231124_111300591~2.jpg
    PXL_20231124_111300591~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?