Hacking When is the PS4 HEN exploit coming to PS4 5.55?

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s a Strange pattern when the previous two exploits were released. A russian group dumped & released HZD & Need For Speed which required a higher FW at the time & within a few days newer exploits were released. So there’s either two different exploits that exist in private or the Russian groups exploit is patched in 5.55. Just my theory here.

FW 6.00 has been out for over a month and we haven't seen any 5.5+ games released yet, so I think this pattern is dead now.

Zorn79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem and would say a major part for no release yet is, these exploits are made for true homebrew use and development as mentioned by kiiwii. Unfortunately, instead of focusing on improving homebrew, a lot of users exploit for piracy which isn't condoned by the people responsible fot the hacks. The idea is to see what we can do with unauthorised code, such as emulation, system level altering, etc. Piracy will always be the reason that exploits are either not released or are releases for firmware a few releases below current. No one really wants an exploit where we can stealth online similar to ps3 days as it ruins the experience for so many other users. This is just my 2c, but i would love to see a new exploit released, we will just have to wait and see what they bring.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dumping keys method was previously discussed when 4.05 fw was latest jailbreak if I remember correctly. theres was somthing posted on pastebin on a method like this but no further research was ever done.

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@godreborn the best idea is probably to buy a second machine with no pad no cables, (maybe even no hdd if you have spares), verified working, update it and use pad and cables from you other machine.

I can get a second PS4 500gb on 5.XX for around £80 this way, possibly cheaper if you find a private deal.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KiiWii , it's too bad that the ps4 isn't like the switch where it's just swap without having to mess with wires. :D I saw the official dock on ninty's website for like $90!

Reactions: KiiWii

rroulian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Context: I bought my 1st ps4 3 Month ago for 40$ (+ a power supply for 25$, got already a ds4, an hdd and cables...), lucky good bet. I won’t update now or but a new system... at least maybe buy the game and exchange for some times the PS4 with a friend that has an « official » one

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big releases have never dictated the release of an exploit. I can’t think of a single case of this.
iOS

unrelated, but it *is a "case", right? In the past, there were jailbreaks that were already so polished that they were released almost as soon as new firmware came out with the vulnerability patched...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iOS

unrelated, but it *is a "case", right? In the past, there were jailbreaks that were already so polished that they were released almost as soon as new firmware came out with the vulnerability patched...

His point was that "important" games on later firmware have never been a trigger for releasing a new exploit.

Brenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a theory about dumping hdd keys on 5.05, updating to 6.0X, and using the keys to extract data from games installed.

With the events this last week on decryption, would that enable an unnamed hero pulling a Horizon Zero Dawn repackage for lower firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto