Hacking When is the PS4 HEN exploit coming to PS4 5.55?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only answers you'll get is "we don't know" or "assumptions around fall of this year". There's no confirmation of it being released yet tho alsong Sony dishes out a new firmware it can arrive sooner than expected
out of private use

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are all these folks getting the idea that a 5.55 kernel exploit will be released any time soon? Here's some info that was divulged last month from a guy who just might know something about it:

https://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/1007010835947032576

https://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/1007010110659538944
Eh I wouldn't follow this guy behind the 5.55 bit. After all he has claimed he has 5.50 hacked privately, but only to taunt Sony with it. Any dev that baits us and gets annoyed with questions is a disgrace in my book. He said they won't burn chains " anytime soon" which is all the reason a possible release could happen during the Fall/Winter especially with the upcoming 6.00 update by Sony. The exploit is in private use thats enough to know it exists and they are holding onto it for the appropriate time to release it.

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell
Reactions: fawal_1997

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.05 are not widely available anymore either, they definitely will not be by winter, especially in the US, and Japan. All new systems coming out are 5.50+, and most used retailers are now aggressively updating systems. Not saying it is impossible, but it does take some hunting around, and most likely paying full msrp, or even a premium to find one.

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.05 are not widely available anymore either, they definitely will not be by winter, especially in the US, and Japan. All new systems coming out are 5.50+, and most used retailers are now aggressively updating systems. Not saying it is impossible, but it does take some hunting around, and most likely paying full msrp, or even a premium to find one.
Exactly and buying a used console on the said exploitable firmware will be expensive or worst damaged in some way. The thing is its not a question of is 5.55 hackable? it sounds more like a question of entitlement at least that's what I'm seeing on Mathieu's tweets.
I just hope his ego isn't preventing a release, but if it takes till 2019 so be it I'll save myself $200+ . Yeah he warned us not to update, but where was he when I had my launch ps4 sitting on 3.55 for 2 years of Dev's teasing us? I ended up selling it b/c the scene was all about how big their ego was

Last edited by MasterJ360,

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 5.55 the same as 5.50? My pro is on 5.50, I updated a week before the 5.05 came out.

I want to play my digital copy of Sonic Mania but don't want to update in case of a new exploit, but if they're the same then might as well.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is 5.55 the same as 5.50? My pro is on 5.50, I updated a week before the 5.05 came out.

I want to play my digital copy of Sonic Mania but don't want to update in case of a new exploit, but if they're the same then might as well.

Sonic mania works on 5.05.

The plus version requires 5.50 iirc.

@ShadowStone dont hold your breath for a release anytime soon. 6.00 beta is just out, kernel been decrypted, but still no where near useful... so until 6.00 final is out and hacked in private there’s little to no hope for 5.5x Hen anytime soon.

Reactions: Hayato213

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a digital copy, so can't access it without updating firmware to get to PSN.

If 5.50 is more likely to be exploited before 5.55 I'll just buy it for Xbox, if they're the same then I'll just update to 5.55

Reactions: lexluth0r

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The simple answer, is that nobody really knows and if you've updated your PS4 to 5.55 then you've got a very long wait (or just buy a used PS4 with a lower firmware - this is what many of us would do). :lol:

raphaeld82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's coming out in December, maybe early 2019. So just wait for it.... Wink

That "wink" is actually sarcasm, let's not be so serious.

Last edited by raphaeld82,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont think they will release another hack until some more big games come out, like maybe spider-man and red dead redemption 2 or maybe even later than that. In the meantime, clear that backlog.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't randomly list estimate time of release when there isn't one.
he winked..

Last edited by kevin corms,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think they will release another hack until some more big games come out, like maybe spider-man and red dead redemption 2.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

he winked..

Has nothing to do with that, 5.05 exploit didnt get released because of a big game release, probably won't be released until there are couple more firmwares released.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has far more to do with it being patched, they are not going to release anything that will allow the public to play backups online because the it will be patched faster, which obviously means they can not use it online lol.

Like why would I release an exploit that usable online that will be patched within a month, when i can continue to use it myself for much longer.

That is a more cynical take on the release process, but a factor worth considering none the less.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over