Gaming When is Quake III Arena DS coming out?

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
When? It sounds good for an Offcial DS 3D Shooter and it has WiFi.
unsure.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Message to the trolls: Research before trying to be smart arses.

From what I remember it was never Quake III Arena, it was going to be an entry in the series built from the ground up just for the DS. It was going to be wi-fi yes but John Carmack did say that it would played like Doom in that you couldn't look up or down at all as he felt touchscreen controls didn't work on the DS.

After googling I've noticed that nothing has been said about the game from anyone involved since November 2007, nor of the Wolfenstein game that was also coming to the DS. Probably cancelled.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Carmack strikes me as a someone with a mind that must fully exhaust an idea, no matter how small. Though I don't think he's easily distracted, I do think his time is easily monopolized by other things. It may happen still, but id, in general, has almost become more of a gaming think tank than a real development team, so I never bank on anything that comes out of their mouths.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly anyone thats played quake knows it would be a disgrace to play it on a handheld even if it had wifi,back in the day I did the whole online thing,messed with a few mods,which even to this day are still awesome.....

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thordrian said:
Message to the trolls: Research before trying to be smart arses.

From what I remember it was never Quake III Arena, it was going to be an entry in the series built from the ground up just for the DS. It was going to be wi-fi yes but John Carmack did say that it would played like Doom in that you couldn't look up or down at all as he felt touchscreen controls didn't work on the DS.

After googling I've noticed that nothing has been said about the game from anyone involved since November 2007, nor of the Wolfenstein game that was also coming to the DS. Probably cancelled.

QUOTE(Njrg @ Oct 1 2009, 10:52 AM) When is God of War 3 coming to DS?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KendoKhan said:
why cant they just make a fps on the ds with the d-pad to move and abxy to look around? are there any games that use this stlye?
It's not as good as the D-pad/stylus combination. Sure, the latter is a bit fiddly to hold, but it gives much better control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    G @ GamerGatorDoesTech: @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me