Hardware What's Your Opinion on the 3DS Design?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
My first impressions were - AMAZING
Some peoples' first impression went "wtf? eww"
However get this, in the end of the day, the hardware and capabilites are the things that matter not the looks. Everyone will get used to the looks sooner or later.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The things I'd like changed: put the power, select, and start button somewhere else. Even sized screens. A second analog wouldn't hurt. That's about it for me.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I like it. It's pretty much the same with minor changes (plus a larger top screen).

The only thing that might be awkward, depending on how the games are designed, would be how the d-pad and analog stick are right next to eachother...I only have two hands!

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It's smexy. But they still could change it before it's released. Now stop hating before you even get to see one in person.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
The things I'd like changed: put the power, select, and start button somewhere else. Even sized screens. A second analog wouldn't hurt. That's about it for me.
For all those things you want it would have to be a much larger console which would go against the point of hand held. It'll end up being like a Virtual Boy. I think it's design is perfect not forgetting the other analogue stick would control the camera, they said the camera is controlled by positioning of the system itself, so a 2nd analogue would be pointless.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Don't like the design too. Power button in the worst possible place. Going to be hell for left handed people as the palm rests right on top of the power button if you hold it in your right hand while holding the stylus in the left one. Furthermore the analog stick is unusable like this. They really could not have made this sucker smaller. An analog stick needs some room otherwise the term "analog" is totally off and it should be called a d-pad instead. Besides analog sticks (relative input) are inferior to a stylus (absolute input). Introducing them is just as pointless as tons of cameras left and right as well as "fake" 3D. A second touch screen or a different screen format would have been a way better design choices. At last this you can put to good use. What we have here can't really be put to good use, especially not something which could not run on an NDS or even a GBA the same way.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dragonlord said:
Don't like the design too. Power button in the worst possible place. Going to be hell for left handed people as the palm rests right on top of the power button if you hold it in your right hand while holding the stylus in the left one. Furthermore the analog stick is unusable like this. They really could not have made this sucker smaller. An analog stick needs some room otherwise the term "analog" is totally off and it should be called a d-pad instead. Besides analog sticks (relative input) are inferior to a stylus (absolute input). Introducing them is just as pointless as tons of cameras left and right as well as "fake" 3D. A second touch screen or a different screen format would have been a way better design choices. At last this you can put to good use. What we have here can't really be put to good use, especially not something which could not run on an NDS or even a GBA the same way.
It's not the final design.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dragonlord said:
You don't seem to like the idea of it really do you? I'm left handed and I think I'll get along fine with it.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well I don't really like how it looks on the side (second image here) and I miss the simplicity of the DSlite/DSi designs, but I'm sure with time I'll love it like everyone else
smile.gif
Still hoping that's only a prototype, though...

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the design, and if Nintendo changes it for the better, it'll still sell millions. (Billions-Trillions?) The only things I'm disliking are.

*The lack of a Release Date/Price.
*The 3D slider looks fragile.
*The headphone port is in a horrible spot.

Oh, and......

>_>

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Do note, there's only 7 billion people in the world, and we don't have trillions.

Nintendo could come out for a "Education" game for it. E For Everyone. (Including Babys.)
wink.gif

Or, everyone could buy a different 3DS for every color.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
giratina16 said:
I like the placement of the headphone port. Because I have OCD it's quite annoying that my DSi isn't symmetrical but the 3DS is.
I have Asperger's Syndrome. Symetry is nice.
smile.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why everyone complains about the placement of the power button. Has anyone actually tried to press the power, start, and select buttons on the DSi with your palms? I'm betting you won't be able to do it easily without trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)