Hardware What's Your Opinion on the 3DS Design?

neonstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
06-15-103dspress.jpg

since the console at e3 is a prototype one..
changes can still be done..

here's my take:

i hope 3ds is more of a box type like the XL..

not like the polygon thingy like what we saw at e3..

matte finish is also a plus for me..

the 3d slider looks flimsy to me.. very breakable..

what's yours?

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love the look of it so far. Sleek and shiny wins in my book. Sure, it gets smudged with fingerprints, but it's better than the discoloring of the corners like the original DS. If I remember correctly, the 3D slider is more prominent on the development models (E3 models) than what they plan for the final version. I expect it to be more of a switch with 2 3D settings and a 2D setting.

I mainly want to see how the analog stick compares to the PSP's nub. 3DS already has that beat by allowing better FPS controls with the touch screen.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It'll be changed before launch Nintendo style

Although in the end they made it ugly on purpose because you know 2+redesigns are coming.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally think they are going to ditch the polygons and go back with the rounded designs of the DS. Maybe not for this but maybe the lite or slim version.

Move the indicator lights back to the hinge area and make the bottom half as long as the top.

And hopefully they switch the d pad and the analog nub around, its just not my usual style to play with analog.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm fine with the design... But I personally prefer a matte finish...
The glossy finish for me means wiping off fingerprints>gaming, since I hate fingerprints on stuff...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt this will be changed. They wouldn't have such a huge hoo-hah over the reveal if it wasn't an almost final product. They didn't announce a date so changes can certainly happen but I am doubtful on big changes.

Also the design looks fine to me. Its a strange morph between original DS and DSlite in my opinion, and I like it.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the only thing I don't like is that there is only one analog stick. because of this I still need to us b,a,x,y for movement in shooters which is a shame.
the best thing they could do for me is make a left handed version with the controls swamped d-pad and analog on the right, buttons on the left.

G

GentleFist

XL?
if it would be XL it would suck~ normal people want their gaming handheld to fit in their pockets with other things if you want a big clumpy thing go buy an iPad, im totally fine if they do release a XL version its not even unlikely but XL is just optional and thats the right thing

Design?
I dont think the design is bad the colors look really good actually~
~it looks a bit fat

the biggest MINUS is that it sucks totally when closed like the first ds, when you cloe the dsl or the dsi they close perfectly fine and it looks like its something complete like its one unit, but the original ds and the 3ds dont

the upper part of the 3DS is bigger which seriously sucks because it looks like shit when its not perfect when closed

but yea other than that it cool~

i would love to wait or a second version but ill probably buy it on release

all in all i give it a 7/10 on design~
the original ds fat was a 4/10 thats why i never bought it i only buy beautiful things
the ds lite is a 8/10 the dsi is even a 9/10~

all scores are based on design NOT gameplay or anything else

neonstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GentleFist said:
XL?
if it would be XL it would suck~ normal people want their gaming handheld to fit in their pockets with other things if you want a big clumpy thing go buy an iPad, im totally fine if they do release a XL version its not even unlikely but XL is just optional and thats the right thing

its not to have its console size.. but the screen size..

to fully compete with the psp.. at least..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1