Hardware What's Your Opinion on the 3DS Design?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neonstone said:
Nintendo 3DS - First Hands On

graphics of the 3ds improved a bit..

When Mario was riding Yoshi at the end, that almost look 3D without actually having it and the graphics do look good
biggrin.gif
!!!
QUOTE(ca_michelbach @ Jun 16 2010, 01:46 PM) Nah, lol. I just don't like where they put it, no big deal. Just if I had made it I would have put the power button in the same place it was on the DSPhat.
But on another hand...some people are crafty like that
dry.gif
one minute you're playing Metal Gear then *click*...bye bye save
rofl2.gif

neonstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
When Mario was riding Yoshi at the end, that almost look 3D without actually having it and the graphics do look good
biggrin.gif
!!!

seems it can really do super mario galaxy..

but with small screens? clueless.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neonstone said:
KingVamp said:
biggrin.gif
!!!

That was just a picture of Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii. I doubt they would release it on 3DS because of the screen size. So much happens in SMG that it would be difficult to keep track of on the screens, it's hard enough keeping track on a big screen.

neonstone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
neonstone said:
KingVamp said:
biggrin.gif
!!!

That was just a picture of Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii. I doubt they would release it on 3DS because of the screen size. So much happens in SMG that it would be difficult to keep track of on the screens, it's hard enough keeping track on a big screen.

tweaking the gameplay would be the thing.. i guess..

that's more close up shots for super mario galaxy..

gyro and motion sensing and all..

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neonstone said:
giratina16 said:
neonstone said:
KingVamp said:
biggrin.gif
!!!

tweaking the gameplay would be the thing.. i guess..

that's more close up shots for super mario galaxy..

gyro and motion sensing and all..
I would love for an SMG to be released on it. Also I want a GTA on it. If they can put Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil on it then they can put GTA on it. Maybe a remake of San Andreas.

Salax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
It's fugly. The black top half looks stupid if you have any colour but black, the unequal screens I think also look crap, the placement of the d-pad is poor, the slidepad thing looks like a red blood cell, the placement of the headphone port looks like the 3DS has an anus, the start and select buttons are awkwardly placed, the power button is where the start/select buttons were on the DSL/DSi causing accidental power-offs, and when closed the top half seems to flow over the bottom half, the cameras are too close to the edge, and finally all the indicator lights are in different positions.

ph34r.gif
This.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally think that some of the "fake/mock-up" designs are actually better, but likely the next 3ds version (like the jump from original to lite) will have a better design, I think it looks too much like the ds just like the ds design was based on he gba and the micro. Although I don't mind the 3ds design its just the blue that I don't like, but top be honest it works.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
I think I might buy the purple 1. The colours are stunning.

Where did you see purple???
Its unlikely to be purple (even though how cool that would look) cause the colour would be too much like GameCube colouring so are unlikely to use it

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
Ill decide when the actual thing is released. The E3 design isn't final so i'll wait to see if they fix some of the annoying looks.

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
I love it. I think it looks very futuristic and I love the metallic paint it has. I think it definitely looks better than the normal Nintendo DS does, which I expected it to look like.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
redsmas said:
I personally think that some of the "fake/mock-up" designs are actually better, but likely the next 3ds version (like the jump from original to lite) will have a better design, I think it looks too much like the ds just like the ds design was based on he gba and the micro. Although I don't mind the 3ds design its just the blue that I don't like, but top be honest it works.
GBm was released after the DS...
rolleyes.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the only thing I see wrong is the dpad......it looks like it's in an uncomfortable position to use for any length of time. They did say the units being shown were only prototypes, so maybe they'll collect some feedback from the people at the conference to make design improvements before release. Of course, Ninty also said that "3DS' was not the final name and it turned out that it was, so who knows.

I wonder about backward compatibility.....since the bottom screen is slightly higher res than a standard DS, will we have borders when playing old DS games like we did with GBA games on the DS?

They say the screens create the 3D, not the games. Does that mean regular DS and DSi games might have some 3D added to them automatically...even if it's not much more than a Viewmaster effect? Hmm...

Could you imagine if the SCDS2 works in the 3DS and you try to play a GBA game through it? Talk about borders on the screen, LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.