Whats wrong with people on Ebay

Mida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have recently tried to buy a faulty xbox 360 for parts on ebay, however the prices for these units goes near or sometimes over the price of an arcade system new at a store and these systems mostly don't even have a power supply or control. Am I missing something or are people on ebay just really stupid. Does anyone have this problem with ebay or is it just me.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seen this happen many times people buy broken ds's and psps too.i guess they buy it just to try fixing it themselves.the prices usually go to 50-70 dollars sometimes for exact price like you said.

this is what your talking about if i am right.

Mida

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, just can't see the point if you can get it new for similar price. Maybe they do just get kicks out of fixing things but it seems a high price to pay

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mida said:
yeah, just can't see the point if you can get it new for similar price. Maybe they do just get kicks out of fixing things but it seems a high price to pay

true if i'm going to pay a high price it better be working perfect or at least be new.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PSP (phat) off ebay ($60) that had a broken UMD drive (a $15 repair if I order from DX). Not everything is overpriced.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox

if a person is good at repairing than they will buy the item but i only like buying things that work.i don't really want to buy something then have to probably buy something else to fix what i just bought.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Hate to say it, but a lot of good parts come in those xboxes... I have seen plenty of mod and diy project that suggest harvesting parts out of them, laser diodes for one example...

So yeah no surprise that go out high... also ebay is crap on buying some things... I have seem the one go for 2 to 3 hundred more than the next/last... depends:

1)who is watching,
2)how much they want it,
3)and how many more are listed and when they end.

Don't expect that craigslist is any better...

Just my 10 cents...

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ya i tried buying computers off of ebay and it sucks, people pay just as much for the used and dirty ones as the perfect mint condition ones. it's retarded.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I am starting to hate people on eBay myself too lol. I paid for a cymbal 3 weeks ago on there and the guy who sold it to me just keeps giving me bullshit excuses on why he can't ship it out at that time, then keeps promising me he will the next day, and then doesn't do it.

I am on the brink of opening up a eBay or PayPal dispute.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
I am starting to hate people on eBay myself too lol. I paid for a cymbal 3 weeks ago on there and the guy who sold it to me just keeps giving me bullshit excuses on why he can't ship it out at that time, then keeps promising me he will the next day, and then doesn't do it.

You should have done that after the first week he didn't ship it. The longer you wait, the longer it's going to take you to get your item or a refund.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
NeSchn said:

You should have done that after the first week he didn't ship it. The longer you wait, the longer it's going to take you to get your item or a refund.

Yeah I told him that if he doesn't respond within 48 I am opening one. Its been 24 hours so far, so if he doesn't respond or ship them tomorrow with a confirmation number I am setting up a dispute.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1