Whats wrong with people on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Mida, Mar 11, 2009.

Mar 11, 2009

Whats wrong with people on Ebay by Mida at 3:56 AM (1,099 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Mida
    OP

Newcomer Mida Member

Australia
    I have recently tried to buy a faulty xbox 360 for parts on ebay, however the prices for these units goes near or sometimes over the price of an arcade system new at a store and these systems mostly don't even have a power supply or control. Am I missing something or are people on ebay just really stupid. Does anyone have this problem with ebay or is it just me.

2. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    seen this happen many times people buy broken ds's and psps too.i guess they buy it just to try fixing it themselves.the prices usually go to 50-70 dollars sometimes for exact price like you said.

this is what your talking about if i am right.

3. Mida
    OP

Newcomer Mida Member

Australia
    yeah, just can't see the point if you can get it new for similar price. Maybe they do just get kicks out of fixing things but it seems a high price to pay

4. fst312

United States
    true if i'm going to pay a high price it better be working perfect or at least be new.

5. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I bought a PSP (phat) off ebay ($60) that had a broken UMD drive (a $15 repair if I order from DX). Not everything is overpriced.

6. fst312

United States
    m3rox

if a person is good at repairing than they will buy the item but i only like buying things that work.i don't really want to buy something then have to probably buy something else to fix what i just bought.

7. weiff

Member weiff GBAtemp Regular

Hate to say it, but a lot of good parts come in those xboxes... I have seen plenty of mod and diy project that suggest harvesting parts out of them, laser diodes for one example...

So yeah no surprise that go out high... also ebay is crap on buying some things... I have seem the one go for 2 to 3 hundred more than the next/last... depends:

1)who is watching,
    2)how much they want it,
    3)and how many more are listed and when they end.

Don't expect that craigslist is any better...

Just my 10 cents...

8. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    ya i tried buying computers off of ebay and it sucks, people pay just as much for the used and dirty ones as the perfect mint condition ones. it's retarded.

9. epicelite

Member epicelite Equal opportunity ass kicker.

United States
  10. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I am starting to hate people on eBay myself too lol. I paid for a cymbal 3 weeks ago on there and the guy who sold it to me just keeps giving me bullshit excuses on why he can't ship it out at that time, then keeps promising me he will the next day, and then doesn't do it.

I am on the brink of opening up a eBay or PayPal dispute.

11. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You should have done that after the first week he didn't ship it. The longer you wait, the longer it's going to take you to get your item or a refund.

12. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah I told him that if he doesn't respond within 48 I am opening one. Its been 24 hours so far, so if he doesn't respond or ship them tomorrow with a confirmation number I am setting up a dispute.