VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So heres what I'm looking for incase you can't get it from the topic, I looking for the best wireless card that will run in Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 with out to much bs to get it working. The card I currently have is a D-Link DWL_520E and while it works fine in Windows 7, it does not work in Ubuntu 10.04. I know there are work arounds to get it working but I'm a total noob when it comes to Linux and am just looking for a some what easier way to get wireless running on both OS's but if I have too I'll tear out a wall in my house and run some ethernet if need be.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My PCI WPN311 from netgear worked in ubuntu 10.04 without any guidance from me whatsoever. Literally, it just started working from the moment I ubuntu finished installing.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/...sCardsSupported

For those lists, there's "Supported in installed system" and "Works "out of the box"", you want a Yes for both.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Firstly I should have stated I'm running 32bit on this perticular PC. Does it work in Windows 7 for you also? If it does I just found one on eBay for 14$ shipped I'll buy it if you say it does.

Edit:
Ah nevermind I just check the windows 7 hardware compatibilite site and it says it is and for 14$ even if its not I'll throw it in my MAME Arcade XP PC for easier rom file transfers. Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw