Gaming Whats The Best DVD Media To Burn Backup Games?

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there I am going to get some blank dvds tomorrow but don't know which brand to buy to burn my backup games with. Does anybody know which brand dvd I should get? Thanks.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched to Taiko Yuden (TYs) discs years ago and have virtually no bad burns with them. I get the 8x versions (they burn at 12x if you want) because of the price and burn them at 4x speed. I do this for my xbox and wii and they are great. I also use them at 12x for movie backups.

For DL media, I use Verbatims. They seem to be the most reliable DLs out there currently.

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replys
smile.gif

soybean84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goober22 said:
I switched to Taiko Yuden (TYs) discs years ago and have virtually no bad burns with them. I get the 8x versions (they burn at 12x if you want) because of the price and burn them at 4x speed. I do this for my xbox and wii and they are great. I also use them at 12x for movie backups.

For DL media, I use Verbatims. They seem to be the most reliable DLs out there currently.

I'm do exactly the same thing. Not sure if you by the printable disc or not, but I have the inkjet printable disc and print images directly on to the disc as well. Great stuff.

NosferatuZODD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Verbatim Lightscribe discs. Using the laser you can print high rez images directly onto the discs and the resulting image looks kind of like a hologram. Really cool.

Nothing but good things to say about my experience using Verbatims.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soybean84 said:
goober22 said:

I'm do exactly the same thing. Not sure if you by the printable disc or not, but I have the inkjet printable disc and print images directly on to the disc as well. Great stuff.

Yep, I do use the printable discs along with an Epson printer. I had a TERRIBLE experience with stick-on labels a few years ago and will never use them again!
smile.gif
I also use Ritek printable CDs for music CDs and such and print on them as well. I used to use them for game discs but had a few issues so I switched to the TYs.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Er, I can't find any sony/verbatim dvds here in Brazil.

I'm currently using Philips/LG disks, have to load the game a few times before it works. The data seems ok though, must be a problem with my burner.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbatim! DVD+Rs seem better for Wii and GC but -Rs usually work ok too. For dual layer: Verbatim +Rs from Singapore, not India. They can be had off of ebay for about $1.50 a disc which is a helluva good deal.

Also it should be noted that good media itself isn't always the weakest link. A good burner can be just as important. My older burners would have bad burns every now and then - sometimes with a disc only readable by the burner or another computer drive and other times not even able to get past a crc error on the burner itself. I got a Pioneer DVR-216D and it is an amazing drive. (On a side note it has allowed me to salvage old discs that were unreadable by all my other drives.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu