Gaming Whats The Best DVD Media To Burn Backup Games?

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi there I am going to get some blank dvds tomorrow but don't know which brand to buy to burn my backup games with. Does anybody know which brand dvd I should get? Thanks.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched to Taiko Yuden (TYs) discs years ago and have virtually no bad burns with them. I get the 8x versions (they burn at 12x if you want) because of the price and burn them at 4x speed. I do this for my xbox and wii and they are great. I also use them at 12x for movie backups.

For DL media, I use Verbatims. They seem to be the most reliable DLs out there currently.

need4speed

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replys
smile.gif

soybean84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goober22 said:
I switched to Taiko Yuden (TYs) discs years ago and have virtually no bad burns with them. I get the 8x versions (they burn at 12x if you want) because of the price and burn them at 4x speed. I do this for my xbox and wii and they are great. I also use them at 12x for movie backups.

For DL media, I use Verbatims. They seem to be the most reliable DLs out there currently.

I'm do exactly the same thing. Not sure if you by the printable disc or not, but I have the inkjet printable disc and print images directly on to the disc as well. Great stuff.

NosferatuZODD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Verbatim Lightscribe discs. Using the laser you can print high rez images directly onto the discs and the resulting image looks kind of like a hologram. Really cool.

Nothing but good things to say about my experience using Verbatims.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soybean84 said:
goober22 said:

I'm do exactly the same thing. Not sure if you by the printable disc or not, but I have the inkjet printable disc and print images directly on to the disc as well. Great stuff.

Yep, I do use the printable discs along with an Epson printer. I had a TERRIBLE experience with stick-on labels a few years ago and will never use them again!
smile.gif
I also use Ritek printable CDs for music CDs and such and print on them as well. I used to use them for game discs but had a few issues so I switched to the TYs.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Er, I can't find any sony/verbatim dvds here in Brazil.

I'm currently using Philips/LG disks, have to load the game a few times before it works. The data seems ok though, must be a problem with my burner.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Verbatim! DVD+Rs seem better for Wii and GC but -Rs usually work ok too. For dual layer: Verbatim +Rs from Singapore, not India. They can be had off of ebay for about $1.50 a disc which is a helluva good deal.

Also it should be noted that good media itself isn't always the weakest link. A good burner can be just as important. My older burners would have bad burns every now and then - sometimes with a disc only readable by the burner or another computer drive and other times not even able to get past a crc error on the burner itself. I got a Pioneer DVR-216D and it is an amazing drive. (On a side note it has allowed me to salvage old discs that were unreadable by all my other drives.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-