Hacking whats safer to play live with LT+ or x360key

mustang123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's safer to play live with I got banned on my old Xbox and want to know what's safer LT+ or x360key and is the x360key worth it and safe thanks much:)

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make sure to stealth your games. I honestly think LT+ is safer but of course the amount of banning on both methods aren't that high unless you get foolish.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Nothing is completely safe. You take risks no matter what method you choose. Go into this knowing that you will eventually be banned. Maybe the first day you log on, maybe a few years from then.

If you can't go into it accepting of the fact that you'll be banned eventually, it wouldn't be wise to hack your console at all.

As far as what's safer? Most likely LT+

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both should be equally safe.

Just stealth patch your games.
DO NOT MOD YOUR GAMESAVES/GAMERTAG!
Don't draw attention by playing games prerelease/ leaked ones.

And hold off on Dashupdates.
Then you should be safe, There's still a risk of getting caught but I've not been banned with my flashed Kronos, It's been flashed for idk? 3 years now?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Friend of mine has been playing with an ODDE online now for weeks and still hasn't encountered a problem.

Even with modded games which I strongly advised against to him.

Also Devin has been playing with several ODDE's online and still hasn't been flagged.

I think that ODDE's are beating conventional drive flashing in terms of reliability and speed of updates.
Besides ODDE's can be safer cause some people are to cheap to fork out for good quality DVD's

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Friend of mine has been playing with an ODDE online now for weeks and still hasn't encountered a problem.

Also Devin has been playing with several ODDE's online and still hasn't been flagged.

I think that ODDE's are beating conventional drive flashing in terms of reliability and speed of updates.
Besides ODDE's can be safer cause some people are to cheap to fork out for good quality DVD's

If you're too cheap to pay £1 or $1 a disc then you shouldn't be modding tbh, there is no foolproof way of telling if you've been flagged or not, thus just because people have been online for months with xK3y and the like, doesn't mean they haven't been flagged and then will be taken offline if/when a new banwave hits.
I would probably go ODDE but i'm interested in seeing more results before i dive in lol

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too cheap to buy discs, but why buy a ton of discs when you can simply buy a ODDE and save the following;

Time (Burning discs.)
Money (ODDE is a one time purchase, while you may have to buy multiple spindles of discs over a time.)
No coasters.

I've had yet to get a "Cannot read disc error" or anything of the sort.IMO ODDEs > Disc Burnings. This coming from a person who started out with discs. I'd say if you want to burn discs and think a ODDE is too costly then stick to burning discs. If you have a bit of money and don't want to have to burn discs then buy a ODDE. I've got 4 Xbox 360 consoles. None of which have gotten banned, all have had a ODDE installed in them.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

If you're too cheap to pay £1 or $1 a disc then you shouldn't be modding tbh, there is no foolproof way of telling if you've been flagged or not, thus just because people have been online for months with xK3y and the like, doesn't mean they haven't been flagged and then will be taken offline if/when a new banwave hits.
I would probably go ODDE but i'm interested in seeing more results before i dive in lol

Erm.
Maybe you haven't kept up with the 360 hacking threads here.
I know my stuff so don't tell me that I shouldn't be modding if I only recommend Verbatim DVD's to people and advice them to burn XGD3's with an iHAS.

Not only that but I run the European flashing service here.

Anyway.
If ODDE's where less safer on Live then ban reports should already have started to come in.
Or at least reports of a flag.
Flagged consoles leave their marking with corrupting GT's on other non flagged consoles.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've gone the LT route with my system. I also religiously inspect and verify every game ISO with abgx before burning any to disc. Also yea, just keeping tabs on c4eva's site to verify any patches that might have to be (re)done, and holding off on updates until they are verified safe. For dashboard updates, I flash the drive to stock before applying them to the system. And for some reason, USB dashboard updates have never worked correctly for me; I had one attempt that made me think my system got banned, but then subsequently E74'd. I was able to bring it back, and the OTA update fixed it. :wacko:

As far as flashing the DVD drive, I do it via dosflash on a separate PC, because I find that method to work reliably while jungleflasher's routine on Windows pretty much guarantees the system freezing through it and had an episode where I nearly panicked because it got to where it successfully erased the save, but couldn't get the damned thing to flash the new firmware on it.

Xval's calculator shows I've kept a clean secdata.bin for all this time, but again, like the others have said, it's about using it responsibly. Modding save data is something I don't even know how to do, and given what's been mentioned about them, would rather not. I am fine with earning my gamerscore as legitimately as possible, so long as I'm not banned. :toot:

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.

Best thing to do indeed.

You're already playing with backupped games.
Then it's indeed a good thing to avoid drawing attention with hacked saves.
Unlike some people I know >__>

But yes.
ABGX is the way to go for both ODDE and flashed drives.
Well.... it's kind of dumb if you don't take ~10 minutes to patch a game.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Erm.
Maybe you haven't kept up with the 360 hacking threads here.
I know my stuff so don't tell me that I shouldn't be modding if I only recommend Verbatim DVD's to people and advice them to burn XGD3's with an iHAS.

Not only that but I run the European flashing service here.

Anyway.
If ODDE's where less safer on Live then ban reports should already have started to come in.
Or at least reports of a flag.
Flagged consoles leave their marking with corrupting GT's on other non flagged consoles.

Dino..i was pointing out that IF people ARE TOO CHEAP to spend more money on discs, then they shouldn't be modding there own stuff, i ONLY use verbatims too, and will only burn using an iHas..no need to jump down my throat over a comment that you bloody misconstrued and assumed was aimed at you, perhaps i should have said "If people are too cheap to pay £1/$1 a disc then they shouldn't be modding", the use of "you're" and "you" was a generalisation that us brits use, my apologies if you thought the comment was aimed directly at you, it was not.

P.S. I've been modding Xbox's for nearly 5 years and been part of the scene since i was 20, i'm now 32 and active on the proper 360 modding sites, people seem to think just because i have a low post count here that i'm some newbie to the game.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well yes.
You should've constructed your sentence better indeed.
Well no need to apologize for it since it was just written a bit off.

I'm not judging you by your postcount at all.
I only made it clear that I know my stuff well enough.
It was purely in a response to your reply.

I've also been modding xboxes (both 360's and old xboxes since 2003 or 2004.
Can't remember precisely but it's a pretty long time anyway.
I also done some to the Wii but I couldn't care to keep up,
Same went for the PSP and DS Scene.

I only keep up with the 360 scene since I think that it's a console worth working on lol
Not that the Wii and PS3 are bad but meh.
I just like the 360 more then those two.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ODDE all the way for me. Discs are a thing of the past. I bought my xk3y a little while back for $105, never looked back.

As far as safe, don't worry about it, know you will get banned at one time and take the leap. I'd say either way is the equally dangerous.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also avoid playing flagship online games, Halo, CoD, etc, things with large drains on serves like the day and week they comeout. MS is just asking for a reason to ban you.

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well yes.
You should've constructed your sentence better indeed.
Well no need to apologize for it since it was just written a bit off.

I'm not judging you by your postcount at all.
I only made it clear that I know my stuff well enough.
It was purely in a response to your reply.

I've also been modding xboxes (both 360's and old xboxes since 2003 or 2004.
Can't remember precisely but it's a pretty long time anyway.
I also done some to the Wii but I couldn't care to keep up,
Same went for the PSP and DS Scene.

I only keep up with the 360 scene since I think that it's a console worth working on lol
Not that the Wii and PS3 are bad but meh.
I just like the 360 more then those two.

I hear you there Dino, i used to chip wii's back in the day, then things moved so fast in the wii scene that i too gave up lol!
I would not be surprised if half the members here don't even remember the DSphat and DSLite slot 2's where you had to flash the console with custom firmware whilst bridging two points with a bit of foil/screw, LOL!
No hard feelings mate :)

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ODDE all the way for me. Discs are a thing of the past. I bought my xk3y a little while back for $105, never looked back.

As far as safe, don't worry about it, know you will get banned at one time and take the leap. I'd say either way is the equally dangerous.

I've heard a rumour that ODDE's can cause more heat inside the console..is that just complete bollocks?
I want to try one out at least as i have loads of games on HDD and it would be nice to try it out.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hear you there Dino, i used to chip wii's back in the day, then things moved so fast in the wii scene that i too gave up lol!
I would not be surprised if half the members here don't even remember the DSphat and DSLite slot 2's where you had to flash the console with custom firmware whilst bridging two points with a bit of foil/screw, LOL!
No hard feelings mate :)

Hang on.
You mean FlashMe?

Heh I still remember the clunky PassKey's sticking out of the phat ;p
I still got my PassKey 2.
Along with several GBA flashcards.

I still use my Supercard SD and DSPhat with Flashme as my MP3 player.

Glad we could settle the difference ;3

I've heard a rumour that ODDE's can cause more heat inside the console..is that just complete bollocks?
I want to try one out at least as i have loads of games on HDD and it would be nice to try it out.

Nope.
It still is data loaded into RAM by the CPU/GPU.
Both ODDE/HDD install/DVD generate the same amount of heat.
Some may cause a degree or 2 more but it's negligible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol