Hacking What would happen if I were to run a GC game with an Exploited Save on vWii?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I know you can basic homebrew on a GameCube with little more than a game with it's save exploited on a Memory Card and something it can redirect to, I've run Swiss and GBI this way by swapping out a legit Wind Waker save with one that is exploited, resulting in my GameCube Loading GBI as soon as I press Start and load the File Select screen? I was never sure how to run GameCube Hombrew on vWii, and I didn't like the idea of MIOS because I had heard there it put limitations on booting GameCube software (but I could have been wrong). On top of that I don't even think there was any MIOS released for vWii since it probably wasn't necessary. However I'm not sure whether I should attempt it? Would it be safe? And by that I mean would the only bad that could happen would me either getting a DSI Exception Error or just a plain old crash?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OldGnashburg There is no official way to run gamecube games on Wii U, only the homebrew nintendont allows you to do that which requires that you have already hacked your vWii.
You can install the homebrew channel from Wii U mode with the Wii U homebrew wuphax from Fix94 that can be run via the browser exploit stupiidhax so you never need to exploit any game inside the vWii to get Wii homebrews running.

Last edited by Wuigi,
D

Deleted User

So I know you can basic homebrew on a GameCube with little more than a game with it's save exploited on a Memory Card and something it can redirect to, I've run Swiss and GBI this way by swapping out a legit Wind Waker save with one that is exploited, resulting in my GameCube Loading GBI as soon as I press Start and load the File Select screen? I was never sure how to run GameCube Hombrew on vWii, and I didn't like the idea of MIOS because I had heard there it put limitations on booting GameCube software (but I could have been wrong). On top of that I don't even think there was any MIOS released for vWii since it probably wasn't necessary. However I'm not sure whether I should attempt it? Would it be safe? And by that I mean would the only bad that could happen would me either getting a DSI Exception Error or just a plain old crash?
It crashes. As the exploit is expecting memory regions that either don't exist. Or b, unable to properly exploit because regions are changed. (since Nintendont isn't a 1 to 1.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: