Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In an evolution of Thug's thread and in general convention where there's usually a thread like this, let's get this shit started.

I didn't get to play as many gaems as I would liked to have done due to working full time and therefore not having much free time so some titles like Persona Q, Layton vs Wright, PvZ, I just haven't had the chance to play em.

Firstly honourable mentions to :

Danganronpa 1/2- both are excellent visual novel/detective gaems.
Project Diva f- I didn't expect much out of this and was so surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I've racked up 30 hours on this fucker.
Infamous Second Son/ First Light- I really enjoyed this, I know it got a lot of stick but I feel Ducker Punch did a lot more right than wrong. Will certainly look forward to a sequel.
Velocity 2x- Velocity Ultra was fantastic on Vita and 2x was super awesome. The way, the side scrolling levels was incorporated was superb and fitted really well with the previous Velocity gaemplay.
Transistor- It looked great and it played even better. I really enjoyed the experimentation the battle system allowed.
Shin Megami Tensei IV (EU Release)- Good gaem, I liked how the deep the gaem mechanics were. Shame the gaem hot laughably easy once you reached Tokyo.
Ys: Celcetta of Memories (EU Release)- Super fun gaem, great music tis a shame it looked like arse. Certainly looking forward to Ys 8.
Mario Kart 8- It looked great and played great. Personally its my favourite Mario Kart.

However my GOTY is:

Bayonetta-2-04-09-14-cover-Wii-U-Europa-USK.jpg

Sometimes gaems can struggle being fun. Bayo2 was just stupidly fun and a great evolution of the original Bayo. It a was a joy to play, it looked pretty and a good soundtrack. It may have sold like shit but the ten hours I spent playing it was an absolute delight. Just don't play with the Gamepad.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine would probably have to be the wonderful game known as Kingdom Hearts 2.5 because I'm a fan of KH but ashamingly never played KH 2 so I played the remake and it rocks.

If the remake doesn't count then I'd say smash bros.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm between Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) and Super Smash Kart because they're both so good it's hard to decide which one is my GotY of 2014. Eh, what the hell, Super Smash Kart it is!

I know for sure that Sonic Boom's my WotY of 2014.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Both Thug and yourself include Velocity 2x but to me it was just a 2 minute throwaway affair. My GOTY is without a doubt Fantasy Life on the 3DS. 180+ hours in and I still have shit to do.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really fair since it just recently came out (and I haven't even finished it yet), but I'd say The Talos Principle is a good contender at the very least. Other than that, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth maybe? Nothing else really comes to mind.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Souls II is pretty good.

Despite everyone's complaining, I actually like Destiny. I think it's fun, looks great, has interesting lore, controls excellently, and works well as a PvP or PvE game. I think in terms of console MMOs this is the best thing we'll get.

GTA V for next gen is also highly impressive.

I have a bunch of backlogged stuff (inFamous: Second Son, Diablo III: RoS, etc) so my list is far from "complete". I also didn't play a lot this year, between work and school I don't have a lot of free time. And when I get free time, I have other things to do (hang out with friends, play Magic, etc).

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My GOTY :
Persona Q. I just finished P3 route at 104 hours, all requests completed, all chests opened.

Honorable Mentions:
Bravely Default (NA version) - almost made me like Square again
Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls - made me put another 150 hours in the game
Legend of Heroes - Trails in the Sky (Steam Version) - such a cute RPG. I have to wonder how I missed this on PSP
Watch_Dogs - Despite it's somewhat glitchy release, I still had a great time driving all over fake Chicago. I still need to play through the DLC.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one that sees the title says Was Was? .-.

Anyway, id have to say my GOTY would have to be the same Emigre.

Bayonetta 2 was a super important review for me, to show I had the skill necessary to review big Nintendo titles, and because it was a launch title Nintendo actually gave to ME to give my opinion on.

In playing it, writing came easy for me. Because the game was just flipping fantastic.

Slightly silly story aside, Bayonetta 2 was a sexy, violent, energy pumping wave of awesomeness that I had never experienced on the Wii U before, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Easily GOTY material.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Destiny. I rarely sink more than 20 hours into an FPS and I practically never play Multiplayer - been playing Destiny for well over a 100 hours.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some really great games came out this year, it's pretty damn hard to pick.

I'll have to say Tales of Hearts R. It captured more of my attention so far this year than any other game. But yeah, tough year for picking a GOTY.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOTY? The only game I basically played all year was Dark Souls 2!
It's really fun, especially PvP which is full of challenging players or easy pray:creep:

Attachments

• received_516256728515944.jpeg
    received_516256728515944.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 176

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-