What was your GOTY?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by emigre, Dec 22, 2014.

1. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    Fantasy Life. A really underrated gem.

Other than that, the only games from 2014 i really enjoyed were RYSE Son of Rome on PC (also vastly underrated) and Civilization Beyond Earth.

Plus i believe Alien Isolation was great, but i have not completed it yet.

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Admittedly, I played few games this year. I was either busy with school, work, or Netflix more often than not. I'm going to give my GOTY to Tales of Hearts R though. It's the first game in a long while that I've spent over 40 hours on, much less beaten, and that I've actually enjoyed playing through again on NG+. It got my attention, was fun, had a good story, and was overall a pretty good experience. Hell, it still is a good experience.

3. Aeodan

Aeodan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2013
    United States
    Dragon Age Inquistion so far is my game of the year.

4. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Well, just finished myriad parties featuring 8 player Smash Bros battles - a riot, but nah, still not my number one! Said parties also had Mario Kart 8 tournies though, and now my decision has been swayed.... Forza Horizon 2 is easily the greatest current gen racing game out there, and rather like Burnout Paradise last gen, may never be topped, but for sheer multiplayer fun there can only be one GOTY for me:

MK8 :D

5. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I'm not done with Bayonetta 2 yet (more than halfway through, I think), but I'm inclined to agree. Bayonetta 2 is the funnest 2014 release I played this year, and somehow managed to improve on an already amazing predecessor.

My honorable mentions go to Shovel Knight, Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Smash Bros.: Project M 3.5 (yes, I'm counting this), Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Bravely Default (I haven't played much of the latter, but I seriously love it so far).

If we're including games that didn't come out this year, but that I played for the first time this year, honorable mentions have to go to Deus Ex: Human Revolution- Director's Cut (another one I haven't finished yet), Mirror's Edge, You Have to Win the Game!, Portal, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Mega Man X3, Lone Survivor: Director's Cut, Thomas Was Alone, Shantae, and SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt

Cyan and Taleweaver like this.
  6. Diag

Diag GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2014
    Gambia, The
    my GOTY:

Ar Nosurge
    after qoga, ar nosurge put the Exa_Pico Games back as my favorite gaming series, ar nosurge was just awesome and i´m playing now ciel nosurge offline imported and it´s hard to say which is better :o i hope kt will announce ciel soon :/

but there were a lot of great games this year..
    i had especially fun with ys - memories of celceta, smt iv finally in europe ^^, danganronpa 1/2 (though i liked the first game more), conception 2 (technically not the best game, but i enjoyed it a lot), akibas trip 2 (dito), fairy fencer f (dto), persona q, steins;gate (offical pc release but i´m really happy about the announcement of the vita version), i/o revision II (fantranslation)

7. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

GBAtemp Patron
    VashTS is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    here comes the wrench in the gears - Mario Golf : World Tour

I've been playing it quite a bit over the past 7 months and I really enjoy it. I love Mario Golf titles.

Kelton2 likes this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    from the two 2014 games I played, my game of the year is Child of light. (the other one being Castlevania lords of shadow 2).

I played other games but from previous years.
    I liked La pucelle Tactics, Rhapsody, Naya's quest (browser apps), Brothers ~ A Tale of Two sons, new Mario bros.U, bastion, limbo.
    Currently playing Valkyrie profile for the first time too.

Satangel likes this.
  9. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Just wanted to follow up on my previous comment: I beat Bayonetta 2 this week, and can confirm that it is, indeed, my goty 2014, as I previously said.

10. CompassNorth

CompassNorth Denko (´・ω・`)

Oct 18, 2011
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    My 2014 GOTY goes to Insurgency such a great competitive and co-operative realistic FPS.

11. Thomas12345

Thomas12345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 1, 2014
    Canada
    for me it's south park stick of truth. That game was just really fun for me

12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Pokemon ORAS, of course.

CandiceYaacobi likes this.
  13. Rocc0

Rocc0 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Finland
    For me it has to be The Binding of Isaac Rebirth without a doubt. Working on that Real Platinum God. :gba:

Pokemon ORAS comes as a close second.

14. CandiceYaacobi

CandiceYaacobi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2011
    United States
    NJ
    For me GOTY for the:

3DS was Pokémon X&Y with Smash Bros in second.

Wii U was Mario Kart 8 hands down. Super Mario 3d World is in second

XBOX One Forza Horizons 2 with GTA V in second.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted