What was your GOTY?

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Fantasy Life. A really underrated gem.

Other than that, the only games from 2014 i really enjoyed were RYSE Son of Rome on PC (also vastly underrated) and Civilization Beyond Earth.

Plus i believe Alien Isolation was great, but i have not completed it yet.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Admittedly, I played few games this year. I was either busy with school, work, or Netflix more often than not. I'm going to give my GOTY to Tales of Hearts R though. It's the first game in a long while that I've spent over 40 hours on, much less beaten, and that I've actually enjoyed playing through again on NG+. It got my attention, was fun, had a good story, and was overall a pretty good experience. Hell, it still is a good experience.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, just finished myriad parties featuring 8 player Smash Bros battles - a riot, but nah, still not my number one! Said parties also had Mario Kart 8 tournies though, and now my decision has been swayed.... Forza Horizon 2 is easily the greatest current gen racing game out there, and rather like Burnout Paradise last gen, may never be topped, but for sheer multiplayer fun there can only be one GOTY for me:

MK8 :D

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not done with Bayonetta 2 yet (more than halfway through, I think), but I'm inclined to agree. Bayonetta 2 is the funnest 2014 release I played this year, and somehow managed to improve on an already amazing predecessor.

My honorable mentions go to Shovel Knight, Super Smash Bros. 4, Super Smash Bros.: Project M 3.5 (yes, I'm counting this), Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby Triple Deluxe, and Bravely Default (I haven't played much of the latter, but I seriously love it so far).

If we're including games that didn't come out this year, but that I played for the first time this year, honorable mentions have to go to Deus Ex: Human Revolution- Director's Cut (another one I haven't finished yet), Mirror's Edge, You Have to Win the Game!, Portal, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Mega Man X3, Lone Survivor: Director's Cut, Thomas Was Alone, Shantae, and SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt

Reactions: Cyan and Taleweaver

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my GOTY:

Ar Nosurge
after qoga, ar nosurge put the Exa_Pico Games back as my favorite gaming series, ar nosurge was just awesome and i´m playing now ciel nosurge offline imported and it´s hard to say which is better :o i hope kt will announce ciel soon :/

but there were a lot of great games this year..
i had especially fun with ys - memories of celceta, smt iv finally in europe ^^, danganronpa 1/2 (though i liked the first game more), conception 2 (technically not the best game, but i enjoyed it a lot), akibas trip 2 (dito), fairy fencer f (dto), persona q, steins;gate (offical pc release but i´m really happy about the announcement of the vita version), i/o revision II (fantranslation)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here comes the wrench in the gears - Mario Golf : World Tour

I've been playing it quite a bit over the past 7 months and I really enjoy it. I love Mario Golf titles.

Reactions: Kelton2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
from the two 2014 games I played, my game of the year is Child of light. (the other one being Castlevania lords of shadow 2).

I played other games but from previous years.
I liked La pucelle Tactics, Rhapsody, Naya's quest (browser apps), Brothers ~ A Tale of Two sons, new Mario bros.U, bastion, limbo.
Currently playing Valkyrie profile for the first time too.

Reactions: Satangel

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For me it has to be The Binding of Isaac Rebirth without a doubt. Working on that Real Platinum God. :gba:

Pokemon ORAS comes as a close second.

CandiceYaacobi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For me GOTY for the:

3DS was Pokémon X&Y with Smash Bros in second.

Wii U was Mario Kart 8 hands down. Super Mario 3d World is in second

XBOX One Forza Horizons 2 with GTA V in second.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti