Gaming What was your 3DS game of the year?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this thread is oldish, but I missed it and wanted to post mine. :)

The sad answer for my best 2012 3DS game, excluding ports, is... Kid Icarus: Uprising. I know it's cliche and people are probably rolling their eyes, but it's the truth. The thing is, I didn't get my 3DS until 2012 (January), and I never owned any of the DS systems, so my 3DS gaming has consisted mostly of 2011 3DS games, and tons of DS games. The only 2012 retail 3DS game I played at all besides Kid Icarus was Resident Evil: Revelations, which I haven't played enough to really make a judgment of, and demos of MGS3D and KH:DDD, neither of which I cared for.

That said, there were tons of great eShop titles (again, excluding ports) that I liked... Mutant Mudds, Fractured Soul, Liberation Maiden, all come to mind. And I can't remember if they came out in 2012 or not, but Sakura Samurai and Mighty Switch Force were really great, too.

I only started playing Kid Icarus recently, but I pretty much agree with you. About Kid Icarus I don't think there is anything wrong in saying it's your favorite, it's pretty unique and a lot of effort was put into it. Don't know if it was only me, but I noticed some things in the game that reminded me of Smash Bros. The way pit walks, run and attacks kind of resembles some of smash bros mechanics to me.

BTW, my situation is incredibly similar to yours. Got my 3ds in january 2012 and played mostly DS, VC and 3dsware games and only played few retail 3ds games from 2011 besides KI

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well Sonic Generations for me. Shame it was short and the classic sonic and new sonic were melded into the same game (I genuinely thought it was going to be two different games, two acts per zone a piece).

That being said, I didn't get a chance to get NSMB2 before I sold my 3DS. Though I think generations would probably have pipped it anyway - simply because there's recently *been* a good 2D Mario in the shape of the original New Super Mario Bros so, while I'd imagine no2 will still be fun, Generations had the excitement factor of there finally being a good Sonic game.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Without a doubt Kid Icarus: Uprising. It's only my 3DS game of the year, it's my game of the year, period.

So much content, the gameplay is addictive, the writing is top notch, the music is HNNNNGH. Best game I've played in a while.

Best music in the game.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe he prefers fast paced action games, not some boring Japanese visual novels

Trololol: :P

I have to admit that sometimes the action distracts me from the game's story/narrative or the other way around (since I have to use subtitles in the top screen for playing in slightly noisy environments and because my english is not perfect)

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can i,like,say all the game? (except real crappy one: Dinosaur 3D,any game that come from a cartoon/movie...) My list of 3DS game that i really want/own that (look great/i loved) is too long,so i'll post my top 10. 10 : New trend savvy 9 : Scribblenauts unlimited 8 : Dead or Alive : Dimension 7 : Kid Icarus : Uprising 6 : Paper Mario Sticker Star 5 : Art academy : Lesson for everyone 4 : Kingdom Heart 3D : Dream Drop Distance 3 : Professor Layton : Miracle Mask 2 : FF Theathrhythm 1 : Virtues Last Reward <3 Luna

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is freaking amazing, deciding not to play it just because Emigre doesn't is stupid and, of course, racist.
Huuummmm. Since you insist so much, I'll keep in mind if I have the chance of getting the game from the US. (unfortunately buying games in my country is too expensive, but I tend to like visual novel games)

Thanks for the advice

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
[user]RodrigoDavy[/user]
I can also vouch for VLR. Definitely an awesome game. Though I do suggest that you play 999: Nine Persons, Nine Hours, Nine Doors first. Then you'll appreciate VLR even more. :)

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up