Jiehfeng a.k.a, Your Maitreya

Sri Lanka
    I can't say one.
    KH3D and KI

Riyaz likes this.
  2. Dark

Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Tales of the abyss is my favorite game this year. It was the only game with a lengthy adventure.

3. tofast4u

tofast4u GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Probably Kingdom hearts 3DS.

Riyaz likes this.
  4. tofast4u

tofast4u GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oops double post.

5. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Ocarina of Time: Yes, I know it wasn't released this year, but I finally got around to actually playing it like 3 months ago. I can see why it's a classic, and it does hold up - even if the "legendary annoyance" of the Water temple was toned down for newbies like me. (I never really got into classic Zelda - it was way too cryptic for me.) The entry into the Zelda universe is pretty good, because it still feels epic without turning into cryptic city.

Heroes of Ruin: It's a pretty decent game, if you handicap your character on purpose. It's fun and creates an atmosphere of community (which is rare in a 3DS game). I loved picking your character and working in tandem with others. (Although, there are too many stupid Gunslingers around.) I can't wait to play this again with my Epishock vibrational speaker in my dorms - it will be great!

RE: Revelations: Playing through the first hour of this was pretty awesome. I generally hate the RE franchise, but this game still feels like survival horror. (It's freaking poop your pants scary, sometimes.) It also not brain meltingly stupid storywise, and still feels plausible (yes, suspend your disbelief for a moment).

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D: Yes, I know some of you are saying...NO! (Because it's a cut-down version of the original, but still - it's awesome.) That may be the nostalgia talking, although.

As for the others you've mentioned:

Tales of the Abyss: The graphics and other stuff is amazing, but I'm totally not a fan of this fighting style in RPGs. I can see why it gets good, and I really should give it a chance. (I loved Tales of Phantasia on the GBA.)

VLR: Sounds interesting, and that reminds me, I should finish 999. Problem is, I'm not that into visual novels, and solving weird logic bombs that the dev's have put into it.

Kid Icarus: I've been scarred by Zero Punctation's review of this game, what with particle effects and the NOT BEING ABLE TO move your 3DS when you play it. Seriously, I have my 3DS because it's portable, and seriously awesome.

Kingdom Hearts: For some reason, I never got into this series. It could be because of the terribly cliche storylines, and the good vs evil motif. (You know it's terrible when an anime freak like me says it's cliche.) I feel like I should like it or have better reasons for disliking it so much, but hey, an opinion's an opinion! I love the idea of the weapons - the keyblades in particular.

6. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Really? Does Amazon even ship to Germany? Anyway, I'll look for it.

7. emigre

OP emigre Recovering weeaboo

United Kingdom
    Well they shipped to the Netherlands and Australia based on Arras and Gifi. So I'm sure they'll do Germany.

8. klim28

klim28 Hunter4Life

I'm a sucker for Harvest Moon so my votes goes to A New Beginning :)

9. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Ok. Thanks for the hint :grog:
    As far as I understand VLR is a sequel to 999. Do I have to play that first? Are the games connected storywise?

10. rayword45

rayword45 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The majority of the dude's complaints in his reviews are exaggerated such as NMH being a GTA rip-off (if it was, that would be the shittiest rip-off ever). That doesn't mean his opinion is wrong, but you definitely can play this game on the go (I play it on the train all the time.)

11. beard00

beard00 Member
    Newcomer

It was a bad year for 3DS. NSMB2 is the only game released this year that I feel like playing (ok, Layton would be ok too but not for the price they ask for a puzzle game).

2011 was way better (Zelda, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart). Hopefully there will be some announcements soon because so far, 2013 doesn't look too good either.

12. rayword45

rayword45 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can understand your opinion of things, but to say this was a bad year compared to 2011 is a complete joke.

Mario 3D Land was the only real AAA title since OOT was a $40 remake for something you can get for $10, and Mario Kart 7 is often considered a rushjob. Even if you aren't fond of the games, you have to admit there was a much better selection this time around (and NSMB2 barely counts as one of the choices IMO due to originality, but that's subjective)

13. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Kid Icarus and Heroes of Ruin gets my votes. Had a lot of fun with Kid Icarus, and had no issues with the controls. Humorous story, fun gameplay, interesting weapon system and often times chaotic multiplayer, it leaves only a little room for improvement. Heroes of Ruin was what I wanted for the 3DS minus replay-ability. Honorable mentions are Crimson Shroud for being different though it has a few blaring flaws, and there was some other platformer but it's name escapes me.

14. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Interesting. I may go pick it up, if I ever see a cheapy used version at the local pawn shop or Gamestop/EB games.

15. Fubuki-Shirou

Fubuki-Shirou GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Top 3 :

1. Kingdom Hearts : Dream Drop Distance
    2. Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stone Neppu
    3. Inazuma Eleven GO Shine

16. darnoc

darnoc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Kid Icarus, great game.

17. NeoGohan

NeoGohan GBAtemp Regular

Virtue's Last Reward and Kid Icarus

18. Crimsonclaw111

Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The best 3DS games of 2012 by far were KI:U and VLR.

19. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

1. Mutant Mudds (even better than most of the great 8 & 16 bit games)
    2. New Super Mario Bros II
    3. Paper Mario
    4. Gunman Clive

20. Janthran

Janthran Solarian

United States
    Kinda spoilerish actually, but yes, the stories are connected. Half the mindblows would be meaningless if you haven't played 999

porkiewpyne likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted