What to do, hmmm?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by yusuo, May 15, 2012.

May 15, 2012

What to do, hmmm? by yusuo at 9:35 PM (506 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Ok so my ex called me the other day, she suspects her current boyfriend is cheating on her and asked me to do some re-con

Ive got no problem with my ex so happily I oblige, turns out her bloke is lying to her about quite a few things and shes telling me shes done with him although he doesn't know about it yet,

Anyway sunday night after the re-con we spent like 3 hours on the phone too each other just talking about general shit, and then yesterday another hour on the phone to her.

We've got 2 kids together and im still very much into this girl, i told her this a few months back when she was still with this guy although she said it would never happen again (see I was a prick and hurt her quite a bit) We were engaged at one point and we still get on really well, tbh shes the only girl I can be myself round, im quite weird and she tolerates it + she gives as good as she gets, most girls i know just get offended

Im kind of wandering whether I should make another move, I know nows not the best time she was in love with the guy and shes quite vulnerable at the moment and I don't want to take advantage of it.

Any advice?

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    You ended your relationship for a reason. This would insinuate there was a problem in this relationship.

There's no reason against remaining friends but anything more potentially doesn't sound like the best for all concerned.

EDIT: I posted early by accident.

3. Flame

Member Flame Me > You

ive read the first line only my reply to this topic is : tell her to fuck off.

than i read the rest

[​IMG]

4. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    You need to tell her to contact Jeremy Kyle.

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Took me like 15 second to realize why I wasn't seeing anything in the first post...Dark grey font on black. Nice.

I agree with Emigre. If you broke up before, there was a reason for it. Though if it was she who broke up with you for being an asshole, I doubt your chances are too great when she's just breaking up with a different asshole. While vulnerable, she's still also going to be selectively defensive.

Regardless, swooping in and trying to get with her now is definitely a terrible idea. I'd say, be there for her, but don't be there with a motive, IE: trying to gain favor with her. Just do it because you're her friend. Who knows, when she's healed maybe she'll like you back. Maybe not. Really it's up to you, but i'd never date an ex. It's just a bad idea that essentially never turns out for the better.

6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    You say this like it's nothing so....

7. yusuo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah it was me being an asshole, depressed with life back then, sorted my shit out since.
    Just would love to be a family again and shes a genuinely nice (albeit slightly crazy) chick.
    Oh well im prob just being a dick hoping for the best

Yeah I know its something i'm used to now, + i hate people who go on about there kids like there the only people in the world who have kids. Course I love them that goes without saying, part of my reasoning is i want to be there as they go grow up, not just a weekend dad, cause that sucks

8. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    If you've changed and feel you're not that prick who dumped her... why not try again? I would, if I could, and had the feelings you seem to have.

9. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    You could try again, but I wouldn't put all your hopes into this working out perfectly. Just be prepared in case it doesn't work out again.

10. yusuo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Theres no hopes, i think ill just be the friend for the time being and look into this all again in a month, i might just be getting ahead of myself