Hacking What System Menu Version do you use/perfer?

System Menu Versions List:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Lol 1 person put they had 1.0... I guess its possible but I wish people would take this pool a little bit more seriously.
It wouldn't surprise me actually if someone had "1.0". People do (rarely) show up on here with it, albeit it's useless for any form of actual game play. The only games I can think of that it runs are Wii Sports and Zelda.

I've seen 4 topics from people with it since I've been on the forums. All of them updated or bricked trying to extract the menu. I'm still hunting for a wad of the menu 1.0...I want to mess with it to see for myself.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
techboy said:
QUOTE said:
is this true so all I have to do to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.2U and all of my HBC, cIOS's and Boot2 will stay the same
No its not. Depending on the version of HBC, it may be removed.

If you want to update, just follow the "Modify Any Wii" guide in the stickies. It includes a safe update (no boot2v4) to 4.2, plus the necessary hacking. It should work fine on a hacked console, but as always, no guarantees. I personally have not used the guide since it was updated to use DOP-IOS MOD for everything.

Even with Zektors Safe Updater? Safe being the key word there btw. It updates IOS's, System Menu and optionally the Shop Channel does it not? I don't recall anybody complaining about HBC being removed, unless you can correct me on this? don't want to give out false information

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
Even with Zektors Safe Updater? Safe being the key word there btw. It updates IOS's, System Menu and optionally the Shop Channel does it not? I don't recall anybody complaining about HBC being removed, unless you can correct me on this? don't want to give out false information
The old HAXX homebrew channel will be removed no matter how you update to 4.2. The system menu itself checks for it and deletes it.

I don't know why you would even bother, besides maybe some kind of outdated homebrew that needs it... but you could upgrade, use either priiloader/preloader or startpatch hacks and THEN reinstall the HAXX HBC. Either way it would have been removed.

If you already updated to the latest HBC (JODI) then no, the update will not delete it no matter how you update.

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
bnm81002 said:
bazamuffin said:
With apps such as NUSD and WAD Manager (or Zektors automated safe updater) you can safely update your Wii by installing only necessary IOS's, Shop Channel and System Menu. Your HBC, cIOS and Boot2 will stay intact. I find 4.2 slicker looking and slightly faster than 3.2 with the added bonus of an SD Menu allowing you to have access to 100+ Wiiware/VC titles and SDHC support up to 32gb

is this true so all I have to do to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.2U and all of my HBC, cIOS's and Boot2 will stay the same, I just have to install which wads from NUSD? is there anything else needed as well? I also have Bootmii and Priiloader installed in my Wii too

alot of ppl go on about updating to 4.2 blah blah its not that im scared ill brick it i just dont want to because i could lose my hbc boot 2 etc

so how would i update then and keep bootmii as boot2
i have v3.2e
hbc version 1.0.6 dunno what title (cant see it in any title deleter)
boot mii v1.1, stub v1.1, mini v1.1, and it says system menu 3.2e boot1b boot2v2 how do i do this boot2v4?
priiloader .3b

heres a signcheck list of the ios i have and version etc
i just dont wanna lose bootmii as boot2 really or have to try and setup my programs again

xflak40 said:
QUOTE(techboy @ Jan 19 2010, 09:25 PM)
No its not. Officially updating to 4.2 will:

* Upgrade boot2 to v4
* Remove all cIOSes except IOS202 and IOS250.
* Delete outdated HBCs with the HAXX title ID, and v1 of DVDX.
* Remove bootmii as boot2.

If you are determined to update, follow the "Modify Any Wii" guide in the stickies. It includes a safe update (no boot2v4) to 4.2, plus the necessary hacking. It should work fine on a hacked console, but as always, no guarantees when it comes to modding. I personally have not used the guide since it was updated to use DOP-IOS MOD for everything.

it will only remove bootmii if your boot2 is updated... so for example, if u have boot2v4 with bootmii as boot2, and u upgrade, u will not lose bootmii as boot2

but if u have boot2v3 or under, your boot2 will update to boot2v4 and u will lose bootmii as boot2

I just created a 4.2 Update Auto-Downloader for PC (by xflak40).rar (fyi, this is perfectly legal to share). This makes it easy for anyone to upgrade their wii to 4.2 without needed a wifi connection on their wii. Just follow the instructions, and make sure u install IOS70 before the system menu

will this work for mine then
looking into it its just a batch file to auto download the correct files u need so are these the right versions needed
also since i dont have the patched iso for truncha bug since i dont have the updated version so i need to get it and patch it or just not install it

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
WiiCrazy said:
3.2, because all the trucha and other stuff is inherent.. no need to do any patching...

Finally someone who understands!
bow.gif

Ok you've convinced me to get to 3.2 what's the best way to get there with trucha bug?

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
I like to have 4.2 installed and hacked as kind-of a "reminder" to ninty that they have failed at stopping any of us hackers or homebrewers or pirates.

Totally agree!!!

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may upgrade to 4.2 seeing as how the mass majority of people voted on it. But then again I will probably wait until Nintendo releases a worthy update.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My reason for staying on 3.2U:

ability to use the 4GB non-SDHC SD card (Transcend 133X is most popular) in Rock Band 2 for DLC with no issues or workarounds needed. Read about it here on the Rock Band forums http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131750. Even for those that have it working with the 4.0+ firmware, it is not completely stable meaning it suddenly stops working and the card becomes unreadable when certain actions are done (such as accessing a WiiWare game on the card or shutting the Wii completely off to the red light instead of just to the orange, i.e. standby).

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
techboy said:
If you want to update, just follow the "Modify Any Wii" guide in the stickies. It includes a safe update (no boot2v4) to 4.2, plus the necessary hacking. It should work fine on a hacked console, but as always, no guarantees. I personally have not used the guide since it was updated to use DOP-IOS MOD for everything.

I've still not seen any statistics on how many bricks can be attributed to a failed boot2v4 update.
I'd much rather have it updated now, than in the future. Because it's a very good bet that at some point nintendo will make it a requirement.

When you consider the danger of any flash update, plus the odds that I'd make a mistake. I'd much rather give nintendo the responsibility, if it bricks while updating then they can pay to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.