Hacking What System Menu Version do you use/perfer?

System Menu Versions List:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wiifan420

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
afnuke said:
both of mine are on 4.2. My new (bought used) one was on 3.2 when I got it last week and I took it to 4.2 as soon as it came.....no reason to stay on old menu system. Maybe I should downgrade my compter from win7 to win95. *lol*

Maybe I should downgrade from your mom to a hooker. *lol* Oh wait, that'd be an upgrade.

3.2 FTW

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
4.0+updated shop. I'm not fixing what isn't broken. Don't have Wii Sports Resort (or a WM+), so no need for the WM+ video fix. 4.2...that update is just a waste, seeing it only was a failed anti-homebrew/piracy attempt.

@giantpune on page 1: How did you do that? Is the ver # just one of the things that can be changed as part of a theme? I did see a "1.0 BETA" menu like that too (hacked 2.0 menu with the 2.0 functionality removed).

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was just done with a usb gecko, wiird, and poking some values. you could probably patch it in to be more permanent. or just use a wiird code if you arent big on patching the system menu.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazamuffin said:
With apps such as NUSD and WAD Manager (or Zektors automated safe updater) you can safely update your Wii by installing only necessary IOS's, Shop Channel and System Menu. Your HBC, cIOS and Boot2 will stay intact. I find 4.2 slicker looking and slightly faster than 3.2 with the added bonus of an SD Menu allowing you to have access to 100+ Wiiware/VC titles and SDHC support up to 32gb

is this true so all I have to do to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.2U and all of my HBC, cIOS's and Boot2 will stay the same, I just have to install which wads from NUSD? is there anything else needed as well? I also have Bootmii and Priiloader installed in my Wii too

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
is this true so all I have to do to upgrade from 3.2U to 4.2U and all of my HBC, cIOS's and Boot2 will stay the same
No its not. Depending on the version of HBC, it may be removed.

If you want to update, just follow the "Modify Any Wii" guide in the stickies. It includes a safe update (no boot2v4) to 4.2, plus the necessary hacking. It should work fine on a hacked console, but as always, no guarantees. I personally have not used the guide since it was updated to use DOP-IOS MOD for everything.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I 'perfer' 3.2.
But will update some day, 4.2 sounds very tempting
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
techboy said:
No its not. Officially updating to 4.2 will:

* Upgrade boot2 to v4
* Remove all cIOSes except IOS202 and IOS250.
* Delete outdated HBCs with the HAXX title ID, and v1 of DVDX.
* Remove bootmii as boot2.

If you are determined to update, follow the "Modify Any Wii" guide in the stickies. It includes a safe update (no boot2v4) to 4.2, plus the necessary hacking. It should work fine on a hacked console, but as always, no guarantees when it comes to modding. I personally have not used the guide since it was updated to use DOP-IOS MOD for everything.

it will only remove bootmii if your boot2 is updated... so for example, if u have boot2v4 with bootmii as boot2, and u upgrade, u will not lose bootmii as boot2

but if u have boot2v3 or under, your boot2 will update to boot2v4 and u will lose bootmii as boot2

I just created a 4.2 Update Auto-Downloader for PC (by xflak40).rar (fyi, this is perfectly legal to share). This makes it easy for anyone to upgrade their wii to 4.2 without needed a wifi connection on their wii. Just follow the instructions, and make sure u install IOS70 before the system menu

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hangin on SM4.0 with cios rev10. I'm lazy and will only update when I run into something that doesn't work with my existing setup.

So far every latest game works, I can run dual layer discs without hermes, and I have SDHC support. Why fix what isn't broken?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Retrievil said:
I'm hangin on SM4.0 with cios rev10. I'm lazy and will only update when I run into something that doesn't work with my existing setup.

So far every latest game works, I can run dual layer discs without hermes, and I have SDHC support. Why fix what isn't broken?
Same here been on 4.1e and 4.2e always downgraded to 4.0e just it plays every thing I want it to play and don't really use the sd card menu

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I have bunches of VC/WiiWare installed (over 8 pages), and they don't even take up 500MB... I have a 2GB card, so that leaves me with lots of space for homebrew...

I have Preloader 0.29 installed auto-booting WiiFlow 1.1 R25 and haven't gone to my SystemMenu since before Christmas (Dec 25 for those who don't know)... I have a HBC (HAXX) ISO Forwarder that I launch from WiiFlow for my HBC...

If it wasn't for the SD channel, I would probably still be on 3.3v2

All my IOSes are cIOSCorped (that were included in the package) (the old cIOSCorp that SoftMii 2.11 had)
My others are Trucha-bugged...

cIOS249 v14
cIOS222 v4

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol 1 person put they had 1.0... I guess its possible but I wish people would take this pool a little bit more seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr