What supplements do you take?

What supplements do you take?

• Vitamins (A, B1, B2, B12, C, D, E etc)

• Minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc etc)

• Homeopathic meds (e.g. oscillococcinum)

• Herbs (echinacea, St. John's wart etc)

• Other food like supplements (cinnamon tablets, turmeric, garlic pills)

• Antioxidants (e.g. alpha-lipoic acid)

• Fiber (pills, drinks)

• Essential Oils

• Other (things I failed to mention)

Results are only viewable after voting.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a world of supplements from vitamins and minerals to homeopathic medications and other naturopathic medicaments some might consider pseudoscience.

As a kid I tried it all (thanks to being raised in one of those naturpathic "the doctor is evil" households) - and I've basically come out of it unscathed.

My mom gave me echinacea for bacterial infections, grapefruit ear drops for ear ache, honey for cough syrup and oscillococcinum for the flu (later I found this is essentially less than one proton of duck liver suspended in sugar).

I know people who rub essential oil on their feet and others who believe mint tea can cure acne. And it's not all whacky - St. John's wart has been shown in clinical trials to treat seasonal depression very well.

So what do you do? What do you believe? What do you have experience with?

Currently I take vitamin D + calcium for my bad bones.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Currently taking a multivitamin that has almost all vitamins and minerals, along with vitamin D3 + K2 (don't get enough sunlight here in the winter), the K2 is just there to make sure the D3 does its job correctly and doesn't cause calcium buildup in all the wrong places. And lastly Omega 3.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started to take digestive enzymes every day now but do they really work?
If they are realy digestive enzymes and you have an issue with your pancreas or gallbladder (or some other digestive enzyme producing organ) then yes.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
If they are realy digestive enzymes and you have an issue with your pancreas or gallbladder (or some other digestive enzyme producing organ) then yes.
The most important question is how many times do you guys go to the bathroom for number 2? Hehe I only go once unfortunately.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most important question is how many times do you guys go to the bathroom for number 2? Hehe I only go once unfortunately.
Lack of enzymes usually causes diarrhea not constipation.

You should
1. Drink more water
2. Eat more fiber (could be a fiber bar - or fruits and veggies, try to get to 25g per day)
3. Try a stool softener like miralax

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Lack of enzymes usually causes diarrhea not constipation.

You should
1. Drink more water
2. Eat more fiber (could be a fiber bar - or fruits and veggies, try to get to 25g per day)
3. Try a stool softener like miralax

I can't eat more fiber because I am on keto diet for 5 months and I lost 29 kg due to it. However I sometimes cheat and eat whole chocolate in the morning only hehe.

Sorry to talk about stool hehe but mine is not always the same but digestive enzymes didn't fix it.

I used to have the perfect digestive system in 2012 that I go to the bathroom 3 times a day but one day I didn't Fallow supplement direction and I took it without food. It caused a heavy stomach pain and one that pain gone my digestive system changed alot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One day I was in the mall I had a very strange pain in my body. I went to bathroom and I couldn't believe what a saw ....... A small bone like thing .. it was round and hollow. I didn't go to the doctor for it.

But what was the bone?

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't eat more fiber because I am on keto diet for 5 months and I lost 29 kg due to it. However I sometimes cheat and eat whole chocolate in the morning only hehe.

Sorry to talk about stool hehe but mine is not always the same but digestive enzymes didn't fix it.

I used to have the perfect digestive system in 2012 that I go to the bathroom 3 times a day but one day I didn't Fallow supplement direction and I took it without food. It caused a heavy stomach pain and one that pain gone my digestive system changed alot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One day I was in the mall I had a very strange pain in my body. I went to bathroom and I couldn't believe what a saw ....... A small bone like thing .. it was round and hollow. I didn't go to the doctor for it.

But what was the bone?
You can take a fiber supplement or low carb veggies like broccoli on keto.

And you can definitely do miralax.

You are constipated from the keto btw. You are probably eating 0 grams of fiber right now. Meat and fat have zero fiber.

Reactions: Quantumcat

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"But what was the bone?"

Where was it coming from, you are gonna have to be more specific.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
"But what was the bone?"

Where was it coming from, you are gonna have to be more specific.
During number 2 of course. It was very painful. The bone like thing is shaped like a hollow tube. I don't know if is a bone or I produced a new parts and sheds the old one hehe.

Bone or a very sold body part.

The bone story is from 2013 after that supplement destroyed my digestive system.

It was very scary to see that.

Last edited by MohammedQ8,

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During number 2 of course. It was very painful. The bone like thing is shaped like a hollow tube. I don't know if is a bone or I produced a new parts and sheds the old one hehe.

Bone or a very sold body part.

It was very scary to see that.
How big are we talking? Had you been eating chicken? Could it have been a chicken bone?

Do you think it's possible it was a tapeworm or some other parasite? Seems less likely as these should be soft.

Other thing it could potentially be is hard fiber from a vegetable.

I am gonna need more exact dimensions.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
How big are we talking? Had you been eating chicken? Could it have been a chicken bone?

Do you think it's possible it was a tapeworm or some other parasite? Seems less likely as these should be soft.

Other thing it could potentially be is hard fiber from a vegetable.

I am gonna need more exact dimensions.
I never ate or swallowed bones.

It size was not too small and not too big. Imagine a broken tube with a perfect circle but in bone/body form. I remember it was white and little bit red. But the round hollow shape was perfect it is like it was manufactured hehe. The edge of it was sharp, it was like a knife.

And like this before keto too. I started keto this year.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely nothing, and never have give or take that I might have had a pot of chewy gummy multivitamins when I was 7 but that was never renewed after it ran out. Have accidentally eaten various fancy "probiotic" yoghurts at times... if they restored balance to my gut it is only because something that does not weigh anything is arguably inherently balanced.

As far as straight vitamins and supplements go then for the most part as far as I can tell it merely makes for expensive urine, and regulations of the industry are terrible as well so that makes it even more fun. There may come a time where some decent regulations happen, some decent instructions get given and my diet alone will not be sufficient but pending that day you can keep it all.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never ate or swallowed bones.

It size was not too small and not too big. Imagine a broken tube with a perfect circle but in bone/body form. I remember it was white and little bit red. But the round hollow shape was perfect it is like it was manufactured hehe. The edge of it was sharp, it was like a knife.

And like this before keto too. I started keto this year.
Did you scoop it out, is there any way to know if it was hard or soft? Did you just flush it?

Right now I am thinking infection as the most likely cause. If you aren't having any symptoms from it though it may not be worth getting the ova/parasite stool test to figure it out.

It seems like your main issue today is the constipation. Of which I am fairly certain keto is the cause. That is not to say stop keto. There are many vegetables you can have on the ketogenic diet.

See here for some help figuring that out https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2z0jgb/what_do_you_do_to_get_more_fiber/

It's very unhealthy to not get enough fiber - you may end up with diverticulitis. So keep with keto if it works for you, but you're gonna need to change things up a little.

Reactions: Quantumcat

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Did you scoop it out, is there any way to know if it was hard or soft? Did you just flush it?

Right now I am thinking infection as the most likely cause. If you aren't having any symptoms from it though it may not be worth getting the ova/parasite stool test to figure it out.

It seems like your main issue today is the constipation. Of which I am fairly certain keto is the cause. That is not to say stop keto. There are many vegetables you can have on the ketogenic diet.

See here for some help figuring that out https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2z0jgb/what_do_you_do_to_get_more_fiber/

It's very unhealthy to not get enough fiber - you may end up with diverticulitis. So keep with keto if it works for you, but you're gonna need to change things up a little.
I didn't touch the stool but I am sure it is hard because it hurts me soo much and I heard a strong sound during number 2 when if fall down.

The only fruit I drink is avocado. Milkshake consists of avocado, milk and little honey. I should include strawberry and berries too.

I should at least cheats with two bananas instead of eating whole chocolate in the morning hehe.

I was 84.7 the whole week hehe but my weight dropped to 83.5 after cheating with the whole chocolate that contains 55 kg of sugar ..... My body is strange.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only fruit I drink is avocado. Milkshake consists of avocado, milk and little honey. I should include strawberry and berries too.

I should at least cheats with two bananas instead of eating whole chocolate in the morning hehe.
You should check nutrition information and try to get at least 25 g per day - the more the better. Each avocado has 10 g so it gets you pretty far. Berries have some fiber but not a ton. Cabbage is a really good source if you're a fan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over