What should i install in case my Wii bricks?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by silverkarn, Feb 4, 2009.

1. silverkarn
    OP

silverkarn Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    United States
    Is there anything i should install on my Wii so if it does get bricked i can somehow fix it?

I'm very ignorant on the issue.

I have Homebrew and Backup Loader installed.
    My Wii menu is version 3.3

2. Djarid

Djarid Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Preloader....

3. Lubbo

Lubbo GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence

Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    Australia
    downgrade to 3.2 (its not that hard) and install starfall

by the way whats preloader :S?

4. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    Preloader lets you boot into homebrew channel directly if you brick your wii with a banner brick from a faulty wad - it may also save from some other things , but it has some flaws in that if you update your system preloader gets removed so a fault system file will still brick you

5. yakboy

yakboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    United States
    Preloader rules and is one of the best apps ever created for the Wii. I was messing around with the hack.ini settings and brought me to a black screen after the system menu. I think because I put the PAL settings on NTSC my mistake. Anyways my point is that I shutdown, booted back up holding reset. There I was in the preloader menu, fixed changed and I was good to go. Same thing if you get a bad WAD that gives you a banner brick. You can run a Wad Manager and then uninstall the bad WAD or possibly reinstall the system menu if needed. If you are going to hack your Wii, the preloader is a must!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice