Hacking What Problems have you Experienced with AceKard 2?

m12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Problems have you Experienced with AceKard 2?

Also, have there been any problem with certain games? If so, please list them.

I'm deciding on which flash cart to buy so i hope you guys will help me out by answering my questions. Thank You

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not any worth mentioning, (except for the Passme function not working with my EZ FLash IV Lite Deluxe
wacko.gif
:S: )

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
I have experienced a few random crash, soft-reset messing up the menu, and also a few lock-ups when copying files(when backing up saves mostly) within the menu, but nothing too serious.

hiroki360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far for me....
Two Homebrews won't work DS DOOM and DS Quake and a few ''white screens'' with one ROM.
Havent experienced anything relli bad.
happy.gif

-hiroki360

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
hiroki360 said:
So far for me....
Two Homebrews won't work DS DOOM and DS Quake and a few ''white screens'' with one ROM.
happy.gif

-hiroki360
Did you read the Readme files? I believe additional files may be needed for DS Doom to work and a certain directory structure is needed for DS Quake.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
Got mine a few days ago and I have a pretty big problem with it: It wont let me sleep!!

So much goodness, I swear it calls me at night.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Narin said:
hiroki360 said:
So far for me....
happy.gif

-hiroki360
Did you read the Readme files? I believe additional files may be needed for DS Doom to work and a certain directory structure is needed for DS Quake.

second what narin said and they must be dldi patched, although the ak2 does that automatically.

ds doom:
prboom.wad, doom.wad (any compatable boom wad named 'doom.wad'), and the prboom.cfg in root
dsdoom.nds in any directory on the msd.

quake I:
pak0.pak, pak1.pak and the config.cfg file in the 'id1' directory on root.
quakeds.nds in any directory on the msd

also with quake make sure your not running the external ram build if your not using a slot2 ram pack.

quake II:
pak0.pak, pak1.pak, pak2.pak and the config.cfg file in the 'baseq2' directory on root
quakeIIds.nds in any directory on the msd.

quakeII REQUIRES an external ram pack to work. check the home page for supported 3rd party expansion packs, but the 3-in-1 was recommended to me by simon (quake port programmer)

with doom and quake you can dl free legal shareware files if you don't own or have access to the original wad/pak files that came with the retail installs.
check the respective homepages for more information.

-another world

kikoexe

Trophies
XP
Country
aside from the soft reset bugs, some games also doesn't work in multiplayer.. games like naruto shinobi retsuden 2, naruto ninja destiny, the megaman starforce games and megaman battle network 5.. those games were working ok in multiplayer with an EDGE x R4 combo and EDGE x EDGE combo.. honestly, if it wasn't for the beautiful interface, i could have gone back in using EDGE..
frown.gif

id love to post these problems in the official acekard forums but im too lazy to register..
tongue.gif

hiroki360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Narin said:
hiroki360 said:
So far for me....
happy.gif

-hiroki360

sorri my bad....
i tried DS DOOM again today it works fine.
-hiroki360

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1