What is wrong with Firmware 6.00?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ygolonac, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Can I get a rundown on the problems with FW 6.00? I hear a lot of mentions about it. I haven't hacked my switch yet but have ordered SXOS. I honestly just want to be able to play XCI and NSP files and maybe install some emulators.

2. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!"

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Ok, 1st- are you sure you have an unpatched unit?

3. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    The devs just need to update their cfw for better support with 6.0

Nothing is wrong with it

thorasgar likes this.
  4. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Well let's see...AutoRCM is broken, certain games aren't working, wake up from sleep is broken, certain games freeze when you wake up from sleep and i think that's about it. But like @Sinon said you have to make sure your console is not Ipatched, something you should have done before ordering the SX

Sinon likes this.
  5. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    What do you mean Ipatched. Im considering hacking my switch with a R4 Dongle in the near future. Im on 6.00 ofw.

6. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
  7. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    i'm pretty sure yes.

8. aionrex

aionrex Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    United States
    SX OS 1.9 works flawlessly on firmware 6.0, pirating games or not, so far all the homebrew applications I've used have worked, which has been a pleasant surprise. No RCM issues, no broken sleep mode, it works fine. Open source CFWs should be fine if you get the right files as well.

9. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I did check my serial number. didn't know autoRCM is broken, that sounds like a pretty major hassle if you have to go into it to boot the CFW every time. and can't abuse sleep mode. certain games aren't working too? any examples?

10. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Not for everyone it doesn't. And that's the weirdest thing

11. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I plan on using 1.9, heard of lots of issues with 2.0 right now and the fake emunand seems really sketchy.

12. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    The games people say don't work at all are Doom, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and The Messenger. Games that freeze with sleep mode include Mario Odyssey and one other i forget. But the strangest thing is that some people report no problems whatsoever and others report all these issues,which they then fix by downgrading their SX OS version back to 1.9

13. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I thought it was 2.0 that had issues with those games like doom. i'm not asking about SXOS firmware, I know 2.0 is jank i'm talking about the switch version 6.0. All i heard before this was that something called gameloader or something doesn't work on 6.0 (some program nintendo can detect and ban you for)

14. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Oh ok. The OFW itself doesn't have many issues, it's the combination of SX OS 2.0 and OFW 6.0 that has all these issues

15. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Just to double check my serial number is XAW1003965****
    this is safe yeah?

16. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
  17. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
  18. GeneralKevin

GeneralKevin Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2018
    Guatemala
    Ok, FW 6.0 is working well, like i have no problems running things like XCI or NSP games, sleep mode works to, you can even add themes and mods via layeredSF, backup saves, use emulators and use AutoRCM like always, what fucks things up is SX OS 2.0, use the latest version of Hekate and SDFiles and you'll be fine, i promise.

19. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    can you tell me about some good mods/plugins for the switch? is there an overclocking one or something like on the vita?