Hacking What is wrong with Firmware 6.00?

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I get a rundown on the problems with FW 6.00? I hear a lot of mentions about it. I haven't hacked my switch yet but have ordered SXOS. I honestly just want to be able to play XCI and NSP files and maybe install some emulators.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well let's see...AutoRCM is broken, certain games aren't working, wake up from sleep is broken, certain games freeze when you wake up from sleep and i think that's about it. But like @Sinon said you have to make sure your console is not Ipatched, something you should have done before ordering the SX

Reactions: AutumnWolf

viral777

mecha connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well let's see...AutoRCM is broken, certain games aren't working, wake up from sleep is broken, certain games freeze when you wake up from sleep and i think that's about it. But like @Sinon said you have to make sure your console is not Ipatched, something you should have done before ordering the SX
What do you mean Ipatched. Im considering hacking my switch with a R4 Dongle in the near future. Im on 6.00 ofw.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

aionrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS 1.9 works flawlessly on firmware 6.0, pirating games or not, so far all the homebrew applications I've used have worked, which has been a pleasant surprise. No RCM issues, no broken sleep mode, it works fine. Open source CFWs should be fine if you get the right files as well.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did check my serial number. didn't know autoRCM is broken, that sounds like a pretty major hassle if you have to go into it to boot the CFW every time. and can't abuse sleep mode. certain games aren't working too? any examples?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SX OS 1.9 works flawlessly on firmware 6.0, pirating games or not, so far all the homebrew applications I've used have worked, which has been a pleasant surprise. No RCM issues, no broken sleep mode, it works fine. Open source CFWs should be fine if you get the right files as well.

Not for everyone it doesn't. And that's the weirdest thing

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I plan on using 1.9, heard of lots of issues with 2.0 right now and the fake emunand seems really sketchy.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did check my serial number. didn't know autoRCM is broken, that sounds like a pretty major hassle if you have to go into it to boot the CFW every time. and can't abuse sleep mode. certain games aren't working too? any examples?

The games people say don't work at all are Doom, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and The Messenger. Games that freeze with sleep mode include Mario Odyssey and one other i forget. But the strangest thing is that some people report no problems whatsoever and others report all these issues,which they then fix by downgrading their SX OS version back to 1.9

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The games people say don't work at all are Doom, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and The Messenger. Games that freeze with sleep mode include Mario Odyssey and one other i forget. But the strangest thing is that some people report no problems whatsoever and others report all these issues,which they then fix by downgrading their SX OS version back to 1.9
I thought it was 2.0 that had issues with those games like doom. i'm not asking about SXOS firmware, I know 2.0 is jank i'm talking about the switch version 6.0. All i heard before this was that something called gameloader or something doesn't work on 6.0 (some program nintendo can detect and ban you for)

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I thought it was 2.0 that had issues with those games like doom. i'm not asking about SXOS firmware, I know 2.0 is jank i'm talking about the switch version 6.0. All i heard before this was that something called gameloader or something doesn't work on 6.0 (some program nintendo can detect and ban you for)

Oh ok. The OFW itself doesn't have many issues, it's the combination of SX OS 2.0 and OFW 6.0 that has all these issues

GeneralKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Ok, FW 6.0 is working well, like i have no problems running things like XCI or NSP games, sleep mode works to, you can even add themes and mods via layeredSF, backup saves, use emulators and use AutoRCM like always, what fucks things up is SX OS 2.0, use the latest version of Hekate and SDFiles and you'll be fine, i promise.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, FW 6.0 is working well, like i have no problems running things like XCI or NSP games, sleep mode works to, you can even add themes and mods via layeredSF, backup saves, use emulators and use AutoRCM like always, what fucks things up is SX OS 2.0, use the latest version of Hekate and SDFiles and you'll be fine, i promise.
can you tell me about some good mods/plugins for the switch? is there an overclocking one or something like on the vita?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...