• Total voters

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Illinois. While it isn't as bad as California yet, considering they're making it hard for the police to do their job (and that my oldest brother is a police officer, so it's not like I'm making this point disconnected from the situation with nothing from an actual officer working in the state), it ain't gonna be long before SHTF to the point that even my parents are considering moving out atm.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If USA didn't spend so much on the military, they could get free healthcare like the rest of the world. Plus, where's the metric system down there?
1. Without the US military, every US ally would have to increase their military budget. Essentially we are subsidizing the healthcare of every other first world nation
2. We use metric for science and imperial for every day stuff, it actually works out pretty well. Metric is better for science but honestly it doesn't affect things too much for everyday Joes. Does it change anything whether they measure their weight in pounds or kilos?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
1. Without the US military, every US ally would have to increase their military budget. Essentially we are subsidizing the healthcare of every other first world nation
2. We use metric for science and imperial for every day stuff, it actually works out pretty well. Metric is better for science but honestly it doesn't affect things too much for everyday Joes. Does it change anything whether they measure their weight in pounds or kilos?

Different ways and mathematical formulas to measure the same thing.

At the end of the day if it gets the job done then it gets the job done. Not using the metric system has never hindered us in any way. And scientists use the metric system so it's a non issue. And different systems can be converted to different systems so non issue.

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I couldn't decide between New York and California - both would be far better-suited for garbage disposal sites (and they're not far off given the sheer amount of filth on the streets), but ultimately I decided on California being worse since that's the home of both of Silicon Valley and Hollywood. From an outsider's perspective the state seems to be like a cockroach trap - it has a sickly sweet smell that lures you in and by the time you realise that you got roped into a scam, it's all over. It's surrounded by a thick atmosphere of failure, it's the state where dreams go to die.

Washington comes in third due to the huge homelessness problem which is apparent thanks to the constant smell of urine. If your state deals with human feces on public sidewalks, your state is not worth living in. Staring out your window in the morning just to gaze upon a tent city full of unwashed hobos sure sounds like a treat.

All three states on the podium have one thing in common - heroin needles randomly scattered on pavements, which is great if you happen to be a heroin addict and not-so-great if your life *isn't* in shambles.

As you can see, I have weight my options extensively, this is an educated post that should be relevant to prospective property buyers.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I couldn't decide between New York and California - both would be far better-suited for garbage disposal sites (and they're not far off given the sheer amount of filth on the streets), but ultimately I decided on California being worse since that's the home of both of Silicon Valley and Hollywood. From an outsider's perspective the state seems to be like a cocroach trap - it has a sickly sweet smell that lures you in and by the time you realise that you got roped into a scam, it's all over. It's surrounded by a thick atmosphere of failure, it's the state where dreams go to die.

San Francisco and Washington come in at joint-third, both due to their huge homelessness problem which is apparent thanks to the constant smell of urine. If your state deals with human feces on public sidewalks, your state is not worth living in. Staring out your window in the morning just to gaze upon a tent city full of unwashed hobos sure sounds like a treat.

All four states on the podium have one thing in common - heroin needles randomly scattered on pavements, which is great if you happen to be a heroin addict and not-so-great if your life *isn't* in shambles.

As you can see, I have weight my options extensively, this is an educated post that should be relevant to prospective property buyers.
San Francisco is in California

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not a seperate state

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
San Francisco is in California

Not a seperate state
Herp-a-derp, you are quite right - bit of a brain fart there. I apologise, I couldn't decide if I hated L.A. or San Fran more - I mentally seperate the two since they're both shitty, but in very distinct ways. I'll correct that, well-spotted.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Herp-a-derp, you are quite right - bit of a brain fart there. I apologise, I couldn't decide if I hated L.A. or San Fran more - I mentally seperate the two since they're both shitty, but in very distinct ways. I'll correct that, well-spotted.
So does that make California even more worse because San Francisco, L.A., Silicon Valley and Hollywood are all There?

Last edited by SG854,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So does that make California even more worse because San Francisco, LA, Silicon Valley and Hollywood are all There?
Let's just say that I am in full support of a Calexit and, given the option, I would immediately institute it and then separate the landmass using strategically placed nuclear warheads in order to push the state a couple of feet towards the sea, if not into the sea outright, Atlantis-style. I feel that the union would be much better off, and the remaining Californians could continue subsisting on their almonds. I haven't quite worked out the question of nuclear fallout, but if we detonate at just the right time, we could probably steer the almond cloud away from the good states and towards the newly-liberated Republic of Ghouls.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's just say that I am in full support of a Calexit and, given the option, I would immediately institute it and then separate the landmass using strategically placed nuclear warheads in order to push the state a couple of feet towards the sea, if not into the sea outright, Atlantis-style. I feel that the union would be much better off, and the remaining Californians could continue subsisting on their almonds. I haven't quite worked out the question of nuclear fallout, but if we detonate at just the right time, we could probably steer the almond cloud away from the good states and towards the newly-liberated Republic of Ghouls.

What's your opinion of Texit while we're on the topic of states possibly seceding from the Union?

Arkansas. I was planning to make this poll! Thief

Aw, poor Polly. She'll just have to wait until next time!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What's your opinion of Texit while we're on the topic of states possibly seceding from the Union?
I think it's a bit silly, in all honesty. I am in favour of shipping all of the unwanted element into California instead and building three walls around the state, in case the warheads fail to sink it. I am open to name suggestions for the walls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: