Hacking What is the progress on WiiU hacking? (Not vWii!)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
main thing i wanted homebrew on the wiiu part itself would be for gamepad support, it would be amazing to play VC games, not64,wiisx and preety much every other game using the gamepad since the gamepad should be way more easy to acess due to not being locked on the wiiu menu

From what I understand, that's supposedly gonna require one huge amount of lib work to achieve - direct gamepad access just isn't available from the off (someone feel free to tell me if I'm wrong), so it isn't merely a case of release-exploit, gamepad-runs-everything. I'm with you of course though, it'd be fantastic (and all really that I'd want), but it's just not a simple wiimote-esque bluetooth controller.
Who knows, maybe Nintendo will implement it in Wii mode - I know the amount of work that would mean by the way, but after all they're focusing on DS & GBA VC on Wii U, perhaps it's a more ideal scenario that they implement gamepad support in vWii instead of converting N64, etc, VC titles over to Wii U mode..... Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up, but you never know! *crosses fingers*

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, these threads still get made? I'd give it up personally. Enjoy legit games. Wii U is dead to the majority.

which is exactly why whomever has an exploit should just release the damn thing already. There are still many people interested in Wii U homebrew. If the Wii U is "dead", then fine... then nobody would care if a kernel exploit is available.

Leshmutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, long time reader, first time poster..

Been playing with consoles for a very long time and pretty much own the all (except a few pre NES era)

Anyway, just wanted to chuck in my 2cents! The Wii U will get hacked...
Just keep in mind that they are all working on it behind the scenes and won't release it until it's ready...

Wii U is def next gen, along with XBOX1 and PS4 and let's face it... There's nothing on these consoles yet to be worth hacking so it will be a little while for these to come out...

This is of course not the case with the Wii U as the console has stacks of potential and let's face it, it will become the console that will play all nintendo games from now and the past.

I would be happy right now if the game pad was usable with the vWii system as it would instantly enable me to play my 64 games on the gamepad which is indeed the best invention to be added to any console... My wife watches TV and I play nintendo - can't complain, I'm happy... And so is my wife...

But to be honest, the Wii U is completely under rated... Just like every other nintendo console that has ever been released. The 64 was still a cartridge based system who's main competitor was the PSX which was CD based had CD quality sound and was technically more powerful than the 64 ever was. Yet the console IMO was indeed nintendos best system, had the best controller (ever) and had the best games as rare was still a partner back then...

Anyway enough ranting, nintendo fans are loyal and I have been a supporter ever since i had my first NES console all those years ago.. I will continue to support them however it would be nice for them to support us (the loyal fan) by releasing all the games into the store so that I can buy them... otherwise they will loose the fight!!

Oh and one more thing, it would be great to be able to use the gamepad for different consoles too like my ps3 or my xbox1 so that I could play them instead of having to go into a separate games room to play them!!!

Looking forward to this system being hacked !!

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see, a lot of you come from Wii hacking and (used to) have hacked Wiis. The Wii hacking scene was one of the best and most accessible scenes in console hacking. Really, the only thing I can think of that was better was the original Xbox. Don't think for one moment that the Wii U will be as good as the Wii was with homebrew.

Reactions: jalaneme

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You see, a lot of you come from Wii hacking and (used to) have hacked Wiis. The Wii hacking scene was one of the best and most accessible scenes in console hacking. Really, the only thing I can think of that was better was the original Xbox. Don't think for one moment that the Wii U will be as good as the Wii was with homebrew.

So long as we get better N64 and PSX emulators that people are actually willing to work on, I'll be satisfied. Even if it can't be permanently installed, we'll get something eventually.

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

mha!

Xbox=pc 733mhz... not interesting

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry, I was imprecise.:bow:
I wanted to say is: have a xbox console is like having an old, old, old PC (pentum 3 Intel Coppermine-32 bit @733 MHz).
There are already many homebrew, on PC ... :) Buy a PC! :nayps3:

(:unsure: ehm... ps4....xbox1.... like a pc!! :rofl2: The death of the console? but this is a different story... )

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I was imprecise.:bow:
I wanted to say is: have a xbox console is like having an old, old, old PC (pentum 3 Intel Coppermine-32 bit @733 MHz).
There are already many homebrew, on PC ... :) Buy a PC! :nayps3:

(:unsure: ehm... ps4....xbox1.... like a pc!! :rofl2: The death of the console? but this is a different story... )

Ah, gotcha, but IMHO playing Snes on the Wii with a classic controller feels more at home than it does on the PC. The Wii U has potential, I prefer playing emulators on a TV as it seems to feel more old-school. Not to mention, not everyone has a PC really.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, gotcha, but IMHO playing Snes on the Wii with a classic controller feels more at home than it does on the PC. The Wii U has potential, I prefer playing emulators on a TV as it seems to feel more old-school. Not to mention, not everyone has a PC really.
plus even better when you have a 65" tv :P

Leshmutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have completely turned one of Laptops into an emulator machine however, its not as fun as playing on a console. im not sure what it is.. i even have N64 controllers to USB but its just not the same as playing on a console..

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, even after the seemingly burst in WiiU interest after the E3 confrence, still no interest in hacking of the console?

There won't be until we actually have a workable exploit and can release and run homebrew. If you've been watching the threads at all there's still a lot of disbelief(IDK the right word to use) that there's going to be another exploit soon other then WiiKeyU.

Leshmutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There won't be until we actually have a workable exploit and can release and run homebrew. If you've been watching the threads at all there's still a lot of disbelief(IDK the right word to use) that there's going to be another exploit soon other then WiiKeyU.

This scenario feels very similar to the ps3 hacking scene in the early days... At first it was just a USB key so they could make $$$ out of it... then eventually free hacks were released.... i don't really care how they do it, just do it already and lets get the full power of the Wii U for emulators and FINALLY have a N64 emulator that w can be proud of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not