What is the best video game controller ever?

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i'm weird but i'm going to say dreamcast. This controller was perfect for precision gaming like all the great fighting games (like Marvel vs capcom 2, capcom vs. snk, king of fighters, street fighter III) on the system. The D pad was perfect and the joystick wasn't bad either. The trigger buttons were also perfect as well as the abxy buttons which are in the same location as xbox but the buttons are better. The only bad thing about this controller is that the chord is coming out of the bottom instead of the top. They do have a spot where you can attach it to the bottom but it is kind of a hassle. The VMU (virtual memory unit) was pretty cool too. It could show you pics of your characters, let you pick plays in football, or transfer your chaos from sonic adventure so you can have a virtual pet and play games. Plus the VMUs could transfer data without the system because they could connect to each other and had buttons.
This controller was also the best for NFL Blitz 2000 which is the best football game ever made.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I'm a big emulator fan, and 360 does the job perfectly as it has many buttons well layed out and it is comfortable, sony also has many buttons that can accommodate emulation well, but the analog being next to each other is a problem for me, and the controller is very uncomfortable. Nintendo controllers are comfortable, but there usually is not enough buttons for emulating EVERYTHING.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dualshock 3 has everything you can ask for. Wireless, rechargable, rumble, motion sensors, good d-pad, 2 analogs, etc...

TravisProduckshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wii remote+nunchuck OFC
tongue.gif

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
the ps3 controller or ps2 or ps1 controller, hands down everything to controls, movement, beating fags up it just moves like a nice melody you would otherwise mess up on a (insert controller). not until a newb plays tekken and starts spamming everything on the controller tho,. With that outta the real PIC the ps1, ps2 and ps3 controller the best ever

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Westside said:
I'm a big emulator fan, and 360 does the job perfectly as it has many buttons well layed out and it is comfortable, sony also has many buttons that can accommodate emulation well, but the analog being next to each other is a problem for me, and the controller is very uncomfortable. Nintendo controllers are comfortable, but there usually is not enough buttons for emulating EVERYTHING.

I'd say the opposite. The 360 controller doesn't have enough buttons for N64 emulation. The N64 controller has buttons coming out the wazoo.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My favorite is the Gamecube controller, the pressure sensitive shoulder buttons were great, and it just fit so well in your hand. It took a little while to get used to though.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kinect, on the grounds that the controller is me and I'm fuckin' awesome.

Nah, but seriously. I'd probably say one of the following, not really sure.

- Gamecube pad. Such a great fit in your hand, solid construction, a great pad overall.
- Dual Shock. A timeless classic. There's a reason why the basic design hasn't changed since the original Ape Escape.
- Atari 2600. The system brought the arcade experience to homes across the globe and damn near started everything we do here. If the controller had sucked it would have fell flat on its face and we wouldn't be here talking about this.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Well, overall, I'd say the Dualshock line of controllers really tickle my fancy. They're very ergonomically-designed, have a nice, symmetrical layout that's friendly to many genres, and is accessible to a variety of hand sizes (even someone with tiny digits, like myself
biggrin.gif
). Best of all, I found the controller very easy to get used to when I first tried it out, as the buttons are placed in a very organized way.

The only downsides to the design would most likely be memorizing where the X, Square, Triangle, and Circle buttons are when you're a newb, and its D-pad, which, while substantial, certainly requires a bit more pressure than I'd like, and doesn't have the sort of feedback of its competitors, such as a "click" or something. It's just sort of a mushy feeling.

But, that's my opinion.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol