Gaming what is the best rock band / guitar hero bundle to get ?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I would like to buy guitars and a drum set to play with friends but Im not sure about all the instruments, I am confused ?

Does wii guitar with wiimote work on all game of guitar hero and rock band games ? I see there is guitar with usb dongle instead of putting wiimote in it, it is better ?

for the drum, Im not usre which one to buy, guitar hero drum or rock band drum ? one or the other, does the drum will be comptatible with all guitar hero and rock band game ?

thanks for your help ;)

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all about rock band 3 because you can add custom songs to it and such. AllAll guitars from both RB/GH are compatible with RB/GH.

I have both types of guitars/dongle. If you want to use more than one microphone then the GH guitars that you insert the Wii remote to might be best since you won't use up a USB slot.

I also have the keyboard for RB3 and that comes with a USB dongle that has two USB slots so I don't lose a port, but gain one.

As for the drums, the GH ones are compatible on GH and RB games but the RB drum kit won't work on GH. At least not GH3 not sure about the other verisions. The build quality on the RB ones is miles better tbough.

The GH one I have I had to open up the pads and do some simple repairs involing tape and popsicle sticks to fix the sensitivity. Some pads you had to hit the dead center very hard to even register a hit.

The RB drums use a USB wireless dongle to connect but unlike the keyboard dongle it does not have additional USB ports.

Feel free to ask other questions.

Last edited by TheThief,

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah it's been awhile since I played the GH versions.
Here's some charts that show which instrument controllers are compatible with which games. There's a section specifically for the Wii, too.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility

It's been awhile since I played the GH versions. I was thinking of GH WT not 3 when I mentioned the drums. There is no drums on 3.

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on the game. On rock band 3 you can add cymbals in game indivudually. So if you have the GH world tour drum kit the orange cymbal can be your blue pro cymbal in rock band. If you have both pro cymbals on a rock band kit then you add them in menu as well.

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That depends on the game. On rock band 3 you can add cymbals in game indivudually. So if you have the GH world tour drum kit the orange cymbal can be your blue pro cymbal in rock band. If you have both pro cymbals on a rock band kit then you add them in menu as well.

I have trouble syncing drum with dongle, they dont sync at all. Both drum and dongle just blinking. I bought a dongle replacement, does every dongle for rock band wii supposed to work with all rock band drum wii kit ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A while back I think the Band Hero drum kit was the one to get (it was revised a bit compared to the GHWT version) since it works with everything, but this was before GH5, maybe there was a revised drumkit for that.
The Rock Band guitars are better than the GH ones though if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over