Homebrew What is the 3ds capable of sound wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biolizardshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked everywhere for any information but my searching has led me no where. Google has really failed me here, whenever I search anything sound related for the 3ds it gives me links to Nintendo's site talking about the 3ds sound program that's on the system and the wiki just say's it has stereo speakers "which is kind of obvious" with pseudeo surround sound with no mention of anything hardware related like how many sound channels it has, if it can generate any waveforms like the DS or if it can access the waveform generators of the DS and I'm also not sure if sequences are played using hardware or through software (like the Gameboy Advance) I know it can play audio streams as well but that's about it everything else about it is a complete mystery to me.

Any information would be helpful :)

biolizardshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is their any documentation about the sound part of the console? This CEVA-TEAK-Lite is something I've never heard of before. Also is the ARM9 clock sped up in DS mode since the ARM7 processor is not in the 3ds and the ARM7 processor handled sound output and wifi in the DS? According to Ceva's website it sounds like their DSP's are scalable so can you scale things like number of channels and output sample rate on the 3ds?

Last edited by biolizardshadow,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0