EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oy that is some sick shit... (The facebook one, not the humoristic comments about the facebook thing)

Edit:
Casual gamer: A person who plays games every now and then, from angry birds to mario or maybe even call of duty, but only every now and then.
Hardcore gamer: nutjobs who have no life who think they are the ebst because they know everthing tehy beleive to be true. usually misogynistic assholes who have no life and write angry mails about how games dont make violent and if you dont believe him he will kill you. usually insane people around 12-18 years old, not a lot of them are older or younger. has no clue about whats going on but talks asif he is the king - usually male.
Gamer: Everyone else, usually a sane person who enjoys games and knows a little bit about the inner workings of the industry.

PityOnU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from the responses in this thread it seems as if the "hardcore" gamer group is not even close to being the majority of people who play games.

Why is the industry so focused on that group then?

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think a hardcore gamer specifically means you have to be good at a game because obviously not everyone is good at everything, I'd describe someone whos hardcore in general as a person with more knowledge about the game and console, Einstein had constant failures with inventions but never gave up until he succeeded for example. A hardcore gamer can also be a person that attends every gaming event, has to have every single nes cart in their collection etc...

Reactions: TripleSMoon

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone who plays animal crossing:new leaf on the toilet whilst having a shit.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
My definition is more of a "is not winning a game diminishing your fun in any way?" sort of question. Those who don't really care as long as they're entertained are casual gamers. Those who crave winning above all else: hardcore gamers.

I also think there are bad attitudes on either side, but it's more visible on the hardcore side. Especially if those two are put in a co-operative team together.

Well from the responses in this thread it seems as if the "hardcore" gamer group is not even close to being the majority of people who play games.

Why is the industry so focused on that group then?
Wait a second...of course there are some exceptions (call of duty being the clear example, here), but...IS the industry really focused on them? If possible, I'd like to see some number on that, as I would think most companies (and especially indies) focus instead on the casual gamer.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What? Perhaps I'm not playing the right sort of indie games, but these seem on general more pick-up-and-play'ish, no leader boards (often not even regular scores), and things like that. If you disagree, you can start by pointing out what your definition of hardcore/casual actually is (and I mean a SERIOUS reply). It would help.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even very sure myself what to consider a hardcore gamer. Maybe they game for a living, maybe they enter gaming tournaments often, maybe they spend copious amounts of time and money into a game they like. I don't think simply being an FPS player alone can count as being a "hardcore gamer", though.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm not even very sure myself what to consider a hardcore gamer. Maybe they game for a living, maybe they enter gaming tournaments often, maybe they spend copious amounts of time and money into a game they like. I don't think simply being an FPS player alone can count as being a "hardcore gamer", though.
If they game for a living then they are "pro" or "league" gamers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Upgrading ye olde PC lol