What is a "Hardcore" Gamer?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hardcore player are insane people who try everything near impossible like beat final boss monster with a stick or even go again game errors.
Hardcore gamer are just a bunch fools claim that they have beat a lot game even thought the only thing they do is reach to the story ending.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Casual gamer? You're into playing games just for fun. But, there are people who can be compared to those people that compete in the racing/fighting/whatever tournaments. Those people are hardcore. A better word for it would be a bad-ass since a core is usually hard; have you tried biting an apple core? Or even a computer core? Those are hard cores. So then it can really describe anybody, even four year olds; but this would be pretty rare to come across.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the type of insecure gamer that needs to ascribe themselves a title to try to convince themselves they're better than others.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Maybe hardcore gamers are gamers who are just very good with a game(s). There are hardcore Mario gamers out there.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What? Perhaps I'm not playing the right sort of indie games, but these seem on general more pick-up-and-play'ish, no leader boards (often not even regular scores), and things like that. If you disagree, you can start by pointing out what your definition of hardcore/casual actually is (and I mean a SERIOUS reply). It would help.

Indie gaems have leaderboards. Some gaems I play have em and it's pretty entertaining to try and beat my friends's high scores. RE: pick up and play, let's be honest with the addition of gaems autosaving every two minutes, a large number of gaems are pick up and play. I like playing Saint's Row 3 once in a while for twenty minutes and destroying shit.

RE: my definition of hardcore/casual, I don't have one because I don't care. I just enjoy reading about other people's definitions because I enjoy reading at how precious people are about it.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hardcore gamer is somebody who listens to death metal, eats Doritos, and drinks energy drinks while screaming at their tv during game play. An extreme hard core gamer is somebody who breaks their controllers, games, consoles, or even their opponents face and/or glasses when they get angry at said game or their opponent.

In all seriousness though, I find the terms 'hardcore' and 'gamer' used together to be an oxymoron.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never understood the groups of gamers to be honest, because I go through phases just like I think many others do.

Some weeks I'll spend hours on hours playing games, others I won't even touch a game, and I play all types of genres from JRPG's to Puzzle games, then maybe a bit of FPS then a quick game on a racer.

I think I just class myself as a gamer .....

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hardcore gamer is somebody who listens to death metal, eats Doritos, and drinks energy drinks while screaming at their tv during game play. An extreme hard core gamer is somebody who breaks their controllers, games, consoles, or even their opponents face and/or glasses when they get angry at said game or their opponent.

In all seriousness though, I find the terms 'hardcore' and 'gamer' used together to be an oxymoron.

Ah, yes, my brother's friend from elementary school and on was one of those "breaks controllers" types. Almost broke one of our controllers when we were playing goldeneye, but we already had a non-functioning controller lying around, so we pulled a quick switcharoo and he tore it in twain. He'd also been known to run over his controllers with his jeep or tie it to his rear bumper and drag it down the street.

Ah, memories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr