What if I edited/restted a Wii Console ID, and...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Adr990, Oct 22, 2009.

Oct 22, 2009
  1. Adr990
    OP

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

What would happen if I would change a Wii Console ID. (With the Nintendo Backup Disc v1.31)
    And BootMii is installed on Boot2?

I realize the in past made NAND Backups wouldn't work anymore. (Maybe with Betwiin, though.) (And some lose of Wifi stuff, as Friend codes, and Wii Shop content.)
    But just in case.. [​IMG] BootMii won't get the Wii bricked, right? Maybe need to re prepare the SD card, but not brick.

Just asking,
    Thanks,
    Adr990

2. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Well i think you mix something up the ID you mean is for the Shop Channel and not the Wii itself

3. Adr990
    OP

Netherlands
    Oh allright.

So your Friend code will change, but those Keys will remain the same? Or will also change, but BootMii on Boot2 won't be affected. Just that the previous NAND Backups made with it won't work anymore.

If that's correct, I would be very happy. [​IMG]

Adr990

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    AFAIK the Wiis keys will stay the same, Boot2 would not be affected by the disc. Nand Backups should still be working.

5. Adr990
    OP

Netherlands
    Okay, thanks guys.

I'll give it a try as soon as possible.
    A friend is probably 'donating' his Wii, since he never used his Shop Channel anyways, and used his Wii only once. I'll give it back. (This is all to test some little 'hack' trick.)

6. beegee7730

Banned beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

United Kingdom
    It won't work.
    Period.
    Boot1 blocks it.

7. Adr990
    OP

Netherlands
    Huh?

No, my friend has a Release date Wii. [​IMG] Only played Wii Sports on it once.

I am not trying to find a way around to get BooMii installed on Boot to on LU64+ Wii's. [​IMG]
    That does or require a lot of hacking. Or just won't work at all. Period. ;P

But I meant, changing the Wii Console ID with the Nintendo Backup Disc v1.31. (Like Shop Channel date is reset/removed etc. And having a other friend code.)

And not bricking the Wii if BootMii is installed on Boot2, while doing this ^. [​IMG]

8. SnacksHacks

Newcomer SnacksHacks Advanced Member

United States
    NO idea why older nand backups aren't working... never ever change the console ID because older nand backups won't work. Each nand has its own private key and if you change that, you're going to screw somethings up. Change the key back to the way it was again and your nand backups will work. Probably you should try using Betwiin. LOTS of things you need to install first to get that to work thoughh...

~Snacks [​IMG]

9. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Maybe because he would be using Ninty code (which is illegal) and the process will sure be "slower than a turtle". The NAND dump reencryption would have to be made on the SD card, and you will need to have at least an empty 2GB SD card, and I think everyone knows the write velocity a SD card has...